The IXEG and X-Plane 11 Topic [Merged]

danitabaires

On 11/23/2016 at 9:10 PM, Morten said:

V1.1 for xp10 is focus at the moment.  We will of course also update to v11 when the dust there has settled.

Hi Morten! How long do think is it going to take? Days? Weeks? Months? Just being curious... Can't wait to fly your baby in 11!

Many thanks!

IXEG 737 official status:

We are currently working on v1.1 of the aircraft which will include: Systems and 3D updates pluss bugfixes. As it looks right now v1.1 will be for XP10. By long experience we know that new XP runs are buggy for quite some time after release - which means - that in the beginning of a new XP run it will often be difficult for us (and you) to determine what is an XP11 bug and what is a Gizmo or IXEG bug. So officially we will not support XP11 until after the release dust has settled a bit. Rushing into XP11 is not a good idea since we might break more than we fix. This *might* change if it turns out there are few problems and easy fixes. We'll see.

As for the timeframe, it is very hard to say depends on alot of factors that IXEG does not control.  But basically what needs to happen in the following order is;

1. X-Plane 11 related bugs needs to get sorted and get stabilized by Laminar (if needed)

2. Then Gizmo needs to get updated by XA (if needed)

3. Finally, IXEG needs to update the aircraft (if needed)

So atm our time and focus here at IXEG is on v1.1 for XP 10 while monitoring whats going on in XP11 and making sure the others involved do their part :)

Also from experience, it usually takes atleast a few months from first beta for a new run of XP default to run satisfactory to the user.  From an aircraft developer point of view we need to remember that since XP10 was released a few years ago, aircraft in XP has become A LOT more advanced, meaning that there is likely more that needs to get updated from the developers side.  So we are definitely talking months before everything is back to "normal" again.  So if you are a 737CL addict and/or don't like "beta software", hang on to XP10 for a while for things to mature.

Edited by Morten
  • Upvote 10
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Morten said:

IXEG 737 official status:

We are currently working on v1.1 of the aircraft which will include: Systems and 3D updates pluss bugfixes. As it looks right now v1.1 will be for XP10. By long experience we know that new XP runs are buggy for quite some time after release - which means - that in the beginning of a new XP run it will often be difficult for us (and you) to determine what is an XP11 bug and what is a Gizmo or IXEG bug. So officially we will not support XP11 until after the release dust has settled a bit. Rushing into XP11 is not a good idea since we might break more than we fix. This *might* change if it turns out there are few problems and easy fixes. We'll see.

As for the timeframe, it is very hard to say depends on alot of factors that IXEG does not control.  But basically what needs to happen in the following order is;

1. X-Plane 11 related bugs needs to get sorted and get stabilized by Laminar (if needed)

2. Then Gizmo needs to get updated by XA (if needed)

3. Finally, IXEG needs to update the aircraft (if needed)

So atm our time and focus here at IXEG is on v1.1 for XP 10 while monitoring whats going on in XP11 and making sure the others involved do their part :)

Also from experience, it usually takes atleast a few months from first beta for a new run of XP default to run satisfactory to the user.  From an aircraft developer point of view we need to remember that since XP10 was released a few years ago, aircraft in XP has become A LOT more advanced, meaning that there is likely more that needs to get updated from the developers side.  So we are definitely talking months before everything is back to "normal" again.  So if you are a 737CL addict and/or don't like "beta software", hang on to XP10 for a while for things to mature.

Thanks for being transparent in this matter. What you say is fine for me!

Thanks for all the hard work. IXEG raised the bar on so many levels, I am sure you will exceed yourself once more with all those fancy new features of the 11 run.

1 hour ago, James4114 said:

Just a note to say the -300 works just fine on my XPXI beta.. APU won't fire though, apart from that, all systems are functional & FMC is fine.

For now, an engine start while still on ground power before pushback is fine for me.

Strange. I wasn't working for me on 11.00b6 and it's still not working on 11.00pb1. I get the exterior model with all ground services attached and a static cockpit with the crew models :) Wonder if you have a different Gizmo version or something it's making it work for you. I just copied the X-Aviation directory over XP11. Maybe there is something else I have to copy.

As for @Morten status report, I think it's perfectly reasonable and is the course of action any professional developer should follow according to this circumstances.

• Upvote 1

I can also confirm, that the installer works, despite from the fact, that the gizmo version of the installer leads to an error message when gizmo starts.

The basics work, but there is some stuff, that need to be fixed, when XP11 gets stable.
For now i found:

- APU does not start
- Speed Break Arm light does not work
- AFDS Flood light does not work

Gizmo.PNG

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, MelCologne said:

I can also confirm, that the installer works, despite from the fact, that the gizmo version of the installer leads to an error message when gizmo starts.

The basics work, but there is some stuff, that need to be fixed, when XP11 gets stable.
For now i found:

- APU does not start
- Speed Break Arm light does not work
- AFDS Flood light does not work

Gizmo.PNG

Both Speed Brake ARM Light and AFDS Flood lights are working for me. But its hard to notice. Try out in darker conditions.

• Upvote 1

Overall I think the IXEG B733 working ok with XP 11 Beta.

Just did a flight on Vatsim. The only Issue I had was the Gizmo crash after loading the aircraft (just closing it), not able to start the APU and some menu issues in XP11 when using the IXEG 733 (It could be XSquawkBox also that are the reason for that issue).

Edited by Tom Stian
  • Upvote 5

4 hours ago, beep747 said:

The APU can be activated in xp11 via Planemaker (standard - systems). Works as before now.

Jos

Thanks for the tips.. I did that and now the APU works.

But I noticed that the .acf filesize changed from 2.2MB to 1.1MB . So I hope I dident break anything -_- 
Maybe its saving in a new format or something that are reducing the size. I have a backup, so lets see if everything is behaving as normal.

• Upvote 2

So, I finally bought it today. It works fine to me; apart from the APU. The APU isn't running up, but that's already known. The rest is working perfectly ... and ... What stunning baby is THIS?! :D I'm totally blown away by this phantastic airplane. It was love at the first Flight :wub:

@MelCologne - Did you find a solution to close this window in XP11?: Gizmo.PNG

I can't close it because the X is located in the dropdown area of the XP11 Menu. So everytime I tried to close the window, the XP11-Menu was showing up and blocked the Close-Button :D

Regards,

Sascha

10 minutes ago, FSAviator said:

So, I finally bought it today. It works fine to me; apart from the APU. The APU isn't running up, but that's already known. The rest is working perfectly ... and ... What stunning baby is THIS?! :D I'm totally blown away by this phantastic airplane. It was love at the first Flight :wub:

@MelCologne - Did you find a solution to close this window in XP11?: Gizmo.PNG

I can't close it because the X is located in the dropdown area of the XP11 Menu. So everytime I tried to close the window, the XP11-Menu was showing up and blocked the Close-Button :D

Regards,

Sascha

Try to move down the window before you close it :)