RWC & SkyMaxx

lafonta

Hello everybody,
Since some time I noticed an issue when using SkyMaxx and RWC? I explain: now, for example, I cant have an "overcast" configuration like the METAR. I always has the clouds "sparse" or "broken". More, when I'm using FSrealWX, I obtain a strong fog !! But, with "Noaa" the scenery is OK. Other issue, I can't use the MTO native XPlane !!
May be an bug following the ultimate X-Plane 10.51 update ?? Or one W10 (1607) "subtility" ?? I would like understand. Thanks for your help.

As far as overcast goes - RWC won't show the horizon-to-horizon overcast effect unless *all* weather stations within view are report overcast at a similar altitude (and you have set SMP to use solid overcast). Otherwise, it shows localized overcast conditions using really thick cumuloform clouds. SkyMaxx Pro 4 will introduce a new overcast representation that can represent localized effects with RWC as well.

44 minutes ago, sundog said:

As far as overcast goes - RWC won't show the horizon-to-horizon overcast effect unless *all* weather stations within view are report overcast at a similar altitude (and you have set SMP to use solid overcast). Otherwise, it shows localized overcast conditions using really thick cumuloform clouds. SkyMaxx Pro 4 will introduce a new overcast representation that can represent localized effects with RWC as well.

Re,
Many thanks for your prompt reply. However, I can't explain why before, the "overcast" was effective (including the two forms) and not now ! Before, I was flying long  time over the continuous layer when the METAR's are in relation. Not today !
Now, RWC seems inoperative, so no interesting and will be uninstalled. I regret  it. Return to the past !!

Um, OK. Like I said, what's probably happening is that some weather report within the area covered by SMP's cloud area is not reporting overcast today, and so it's not representing overcast to the horizon.

If you're having trouble, post your log.txt and we'll be happy to help. No need to uninstall over a single issue you can't explain.

13 hours ago, sundog said:

Um, OK. Like I said, what's probably happening is that some weather report within the area covered by SMP's cloud area is not reporting overcast today, and so it's not representing overcast to the horizon.

If you're having trouble, post your log.txt and we'll be happy to help. No need to uninstall over a single issue you can't explain.

Hi Frank,

My last "log" isn't representative because I tried some manipulations to try understand. But, look this METAR generated by MAXX METAR.rwx from Noaweather plugin.
"2016/11/23 16:00
LFBO 231600Z AUTO 12015KT 070V150 9999 BKN027 BKN072 OVC092 17/12 Q1002 BECMG 12020G32KT"

With it, I has only one layer of broken cumulus.
Other caracteristic symptom: before when I set RWC "automatic" or "always", I has noted one clouds pictures difference betwen the two settings. Now, with "automatic", I lost the clouds ! Sky clear ! Only are existing on "always", but no realists in relation with the METAR. If I desactivate RWC inside the add-on settings, no effects like RWC inoperative all time. I reinstaled it without results. However, SkyMax seems OK because it picture respond at the settings change.

Well, that's all for this moment. I will continue my tests for understand why I can't use the native MTO from XP !! Cheers.

Note: the RWC plugin include only four files: "64"; "eula"; "registration"; "pdf rwc" and the "uninstall" file inside "x-aviation"

Edited by lafonta
issue resolved

issue resolved !
I re-downloaded Skymax from your website and now the MTO pictures are OK.

EDIT2: Sorry, not OK !! Look these screens from XP native MTO, SkyMaxx and RWC...I have an dubt ! But amazing: they are x-ray, rain on sky clear and sound !! X-Plane isn't good for MTO ;) may be the #11 ?? :lol:

Car_C337_2.png

Car_C337_1.png

Edited by lafonta