Any news coming up?

jolmos

We have the patch pretty much ready to go - we need to compile it into an installer and then run a brief beta-test. We can´t really estimate how long this will run, it depends on how much stuff the testers find wrong with it.

We have found out that the IXEG will initially not be compatible with XP11 - so it will take a while for us to adapt to XP11 and get our aircraft running with it, as was to be expected.

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Litjan
  • Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, cloudfreak1 said:

what a pity...thanks

Actually, I think this is very good news, don't release it if it is not good enough... Personally I hate the solutions that have been released so far (and I have seen some: JAR, Carenado, FF ), and as expected, a lot of wrong manipulations of the zoom whilst trying to rotate a knob or vice-versa. Click and drag works just fine, simply a matter of adapting to it, after all, most of us are still young enough not to fear a change in habits I would assume.

• Upvote 5

20 hours ago, jolmos said:

How are dear friends? Any news coming up? It seems that the market "stopped" due to the launch of XP11.

... or for some it has actually accelerated trying to optimize revenue from old products, some even adding custom features that will become obsolete after XP11 release... one word: reflections. currently the buzz-feature everybody is jumping on and trying to implement without fearing their hard work becomes ridiculous with overdone eye candy... 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, jolmos said:

Thank You very much Jan.

I find your criterion excellent.
Regarding the X-Plane 11, I appreciate that a large majority of pilots will not be able to fully enjoy it due to the high performance of computer and video card required.

Everyone is complaning about an old 32bit system with lots of OOM CTDs and now you say its not everybodys dream to have a software which is able to use your whole system power? 

I think you should just not pull all the sliders up to the top, then its still better than the old systems and will run on nearly every pc out there which is not 10 years old. 

Technological progress cannot be done by relying on old systems... ;) 

• Upvote 1

On 11/24/2016 at 0:03 PM, Litjan said:

No.

Cheers, Jan

How would you guys feel about my sharing a modified cockpit .obj adding X-Plane 10.50 mouse wheel support to many manipulators (basically, almost anything with more than two positions)?

Edited by Rodeo

On 11/25/2016 at 5:02 PM, Rodeo said:

How would you guys feel about my sharing a modified cockpit .obj adding X-Plane 10.50 mouse wheel support to many manipulators (basically, almost anything with more than two positions)?

dang..  i saw that coming in!

Perhaps, you could share a sort of a 'how to' tutorial so we can attempt to do it by ourselves (at our own risk) ? 

if it is that easy to 'mod in' the mouse wheel manipulator by an user by altering the .obj cockpit file, then devs. please, just make that mouse wheel happen,  officially, - end of the story and thanks in advance!

Edited by Bernardo_Gui

On 11/23/2016 at 0:06 PM, Litjan said:

We have the patch pretty much ready to go - we need to compile it into an installer and then run a brief beta-test. We can´t really estimate how long this will run, it depends on how much stuff the testers find wrong with it.

We have found out that the IXEG will initially not be compatible with XP11 - so it will take a while for us to adapt to XP11 and get our aircraft running with it, as was to be expected.

Cheers, Jan

...and for this very reason, I will not be installing XP11 until the IXEG 737 is fully ready to look and fly great in it.

Edited by signmanbob