A Little Help

jomama

Hi,

I'm a long-time flight simmer but new to X-Plane (actually, I've owned previous versions of X-Plane but never flew them much...until now)

I've bought the 737-300 yesterday but, even though I have plenty of flight time in 737's, particularly PMDG and I Fly. I can't seem to get the FMC in this plane to accept my departure airport.  All I get is a "Not in Database" message.  This happens after aligning the IRS to the present position.  What am I doing wrong?

Also, I'd like to try to texture this airplane in my VA's livery and, even though I have lots of experience texturing aircraft in FSX and P3D, I have absolutely no idea how to apply the texture I create after using the paintkit I downloaded from this site.  Are there any tutorials around?  Like maybe "X-Plane Texturing for Dummies"? ;)

Thanks.....

11 minutes ago, jomama said:

Hi,

I'm a long-time flight simmer but new to X-Plane (actually, I've owned previous versions of X-Plane but never flew them much...until now)

I've bought the 737-300 yesterday but, even though I have plenty of flight time in 737's, particularly PMDG and I Fly. I can't seem to get the FMC in this plane to accept my departure airport.  All I get is a "Not in Database" message.  This happens after aligning the IRS to the present position.  What am I doing wrong?

Also, I'd like to try to texture this airplane in my VA's livery and, even though I have lots of experience texturing aircraft in FSX and P3D, I have absolutely no idea how to apply the texture I create after using the paintkit I downloaded from this site.  Are there any tutorials around?  Like maybe "X-Plane Texturing for Dummies"? ;)

Thanks.....

mmmm this is weird.

Are you sure you have installed 1612 for the ixeg bird? this aircraft reads the nav database from its own folder structure and should be updated there.

If you go to the fmc IDENT page? what airac cycle says there?

What airport are you trying to load as departure? i can test it for you as well. I do have latest cycle as well

2 hours ago, mmerelles said:

mmmm this is weird.

Are you sure you have installed 1612 for the ixeg bird? this aircraft reads the nav database from its own folder structure and should be updated there.

If you go to the fmc IDENT page? what airac cycle says there?

What airport are you trying to load as departure? i can test it for you as well. I do have latest cycle as well

I am and it shows 1612 on the IDENT page of the FMC.

I'm trying to load KSNA. 

22 minutes ago, jomama said:

I am and it shows 1612 on the IDENT page of the FMC.

I'm trying to load KSNA. 

KSNA is quite a popular airport, any airac cycle date shouldn't be a problem anyways. I do use it all the time at pilotedge

-Starting the aircraft "engines running" mode at ksna, do you have the same problem? (go to left menu, preflight and select ready to fly) can you enter KSNA at RTE now?

-Can you please attach your xplane log.txt file found under your xplane root folder?

9 minutes ago, mmerelles said:

KSNA is quite a popular airport, any airac cycle date shouldn't be a problem anyways. I do use it all the time at pilotedge

-Starting the aircraft "engines running" mode at ksna, do you have the same problem? (go to left menu, preflight and select ready to fly) can you enter KSNA at RTE now?

-Can you please attach your xplane log.txt file found under your xplane root folder?

Yes.  I also get it in "Cold and Dark" and "Ready to Start Engines"

Log.txt

Edited by jomama

You see KSNA and naivaids in the "Local map" (in the menu)?

Also, I'd like to try to texture this airplane in my VA's livery and, even though I have lots of experience texturing aircraft in FSX and P3D, I have absolutely no idea how to apply the texture I create after using the paintkit I downloaded from this site.  Are there any tutorials around?  Like maybe "X-Plane Texturing for Dummies"?

Very simple, the liveries are located inside the IXEG 737 folder, and need to have the same name as the Air Berlin example "B733_Fuselage.png" etc.

livery.jpg

Edited by Morten
  • Upvote 1

Yes, KSNA is there.  I should tell you that I've tried entering the departure airport at other airports and I get the same problem.  I'm beginning to wonder if I should uninstall the 737 and reinstall it again?

Thanks for the explanation concerning the textures.  I figured that out after taking a look at a typical fuselage texture that came with the airplane.  What confused me was that your textures are different than Flight Factor's and I assumed that all  textures worked the same way. I was afraid that I would have to use Plane Maker somehow.  Thanks anyway though. ;)

Edited by jomama