Xplane 11?

nicky1088

9 minutes ago, Ben Russell said:

The GizmoLog.txt file attached to this post has repeated warnings in it that you do not have a license for the Saab.

If you believe this is an error file a support ticket.

support@x-aviation.com

OK; but why would that be? It is telling me I have a valid license on my end when I install?

• 2 weeks later...

I was about to purchase the Saab 340a a few days ago (knowing of its "no support for bugs in X plane 11") but didn't after reading this topic earlier and heard that things weren't looking good for the v1.5 update. Now that I heard the news that you AMAZING people are making/scripting/whatever you're doing (to make it compatible for XP11), it is back on the top of my list for aircraft I'd like to purchase.

I hope everything goes well,

Sovik

I can confirm that with the final X-Plane 11.10 now out, the autopilot of the Saab 1.4 has problems. It oscillates with ever increasing amplitude around the set values - a behavior I would expect form a PID Regulator with a too small or absent D term (the differential dampening term). I must say, I saw similar things in the Rotate MD-80 (not as pronounced, but still clearly discernible) and that one also uses the X-Plane bultin ATHR and Autopilot. In the long run I think it more than makes sense to implemenet an Autopilot if it's own for a plane - relying on the X-Plane stuff seems to break planes over and over again. What astonishes me though is that with 11.05 the autopilot seems to work ok - that a minor version increase of a flight sim breaks an autopilot so severely is a bit of a negative surprise (and has a lot to do with XPlane, not with you guys).

Edited by Harry46
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sovik said:

I was about to purchase the Saab 340a a few days ago (knowing of its "no support for bugs in X plane 11") but didn't after reading this topic earlier and heard that things weren't looking good for the v1.5 update. Now that I heard the news that you AMAZING people are making/scripting/whatever you're doing (to make it compatible for XP11), it is back on the top of my list for aircraft I'd like to purchase.

I hope everything goes well,

Sovik

Much appreciated, Sovik.  

57 minutes ago, Harry46 said:

I can confirm that with the final X-Plane 11.10 now out, the autopilot of the Saab 1.4 has problems. It oscillates with ever increasing amplitude around the set values - a behavior I would expect form a PID Regulator with a too small or absent D term (the differential dampening term). I must say, I saw similar things in the Rotate MD-80 (not as pronounced, but still clearly discernible) and that one also uses the X-Plane bultin ATHR and Autopilot. In the long run I think it more than makes sense to implemenet an Autopilot if it's own for a plane - relying on the X-Plane stuff seems to break planes over and over again. What astonishes me though is that with 11.05 the autopilot seems to work ok - that a minor version increase of a flight sim breaks an autopilot so severely is a bit of a negative surprise (and has a lot to do with XPlane, not with you guys).

It's definitely a tough one to figure out, but we're working on it.  I can't throw any blame towards Laminar.  They've given us a fantastic sim, that's advanced by leaps and bounds over 2 versions.  So I'm prepared to do a little extra work if it means we get a fantastic sim.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Harry46 said:

Your assessment of what may be causing the autopilot issue is far too simplistic.  X-Plane has a LOT of interaction between systems, and the Saab is highly modified to provide even MORE realism.  X-Plane v11.10 may technically be considered a minor version but it was definitely not minor in regard to the flight model changes.  There were a significant number of changes made by Austin to the engine model and in moving to more vector based math for the flight model.  Interestingly, as far as I know, there were NO changes made to the autopilot system.  So,the autopilot issues have be related to another system that is interacting with the autopilot.  Debugging these types of things can be rather complex and it takes time.  Creating a completely custom autopilot would be a MAJOR undertaking and completely unneccessary as everything was working fine in 11.05 (as you stated).  in developing aircraft it is much smarter to stay as close to the default systems as possible if they can provide a realistic simulation of a particular aircraft.  It reduces the number of things that can go wrong with each X-Plane update.

Personally, I would much rather have a situation where we are getting an updated and improved flight simulator on a consistent basis rather than one where changes are not made just because something might "break".  Even the default aircraft have to be modified when flight model changes are made, it just comes with the territory. 

Let's be patient and not jump to any conclusions.  We will get this sorted out.

Edited by JGregory
  • Upvote 1