nicky1088

Xplane 11?

86 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, theraygan said:

Gizmo was out long ago, no news of Saab though

Don't you hate when that happens ?  :P.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have XP 11 so I should wait until 2.0 comes out?  soon (tm)?

 

 

Edited by Muchimi
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I have XP 11 so I should wait until 2.0 comes out?  soon ™?

 

 

2.0 will not be soon.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Cameron said:

2.0 will not be soon.

And there will be a xp11 version or Leading Edge just quit?

What happens with the Citation? Is a dead proyect also?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woah!  Where did that come from??

We don't know when V2 of the Saab will be out.  Free Saab update for XP 11 is coming out soon.  Then V2 of the DC3, then V2 of the Saab (months away.  Could be 2 months.  Could be 6 months.  we don't know.), then Citation.  Nothing is dead and we're not going anywhere.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goran, you are doing a great job on a great project. Thank you! It amazes me how ungrateful, and sometimes downright mean, people can be when they think they are so much smarter and/or more capable than others.

Guys, back off and enjoy flying!!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, Bob.  I don't mind misunderstandings.  But assumptions...wow!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No offence intended, its seems some devs were behind the eight ball with the release of XP11 and are playing catch up. Whether this is the fault of Laminar or the devs themselves it dosent matter now. This is a whole new era in flight sim and semi professional just does not cut it anymore. What ever you got away with in the past wont help you now and alot of old xplane devs are finding this out the hard way as now your customer base includes alot of P3D users who are used to a certain level of professionalism, which is found lacking with a lot of Xplane devs. Some have stepped up and taken their products to the next level while others are still trying to find the On button to their workstations. One of this sites biggest sellers should have been ready to roll in XP11 as soon as it came out of Beta but you are still trying to fix things for the XP10 version.. Really? and your next release will work in Xp11 but it wont really work.. Double really ? and then you will release V2  maybe in a couple of months. No no no !!  Tell me you sacked this person who came up with this idea.

-2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, VAL067 said:

No offence intended, its seems some devs were behind the eight ball with the release of XP11 and are playing catch up. Whether this is the fault of Laminar or the devs themselves it dosent matter now. This is a whole new era in flight sim and semi professional just does not cut it anymore. What ever you got away with in the past wont help you now and alot of old xplane devs are finding this out the hard way as now your customer base includes alot of P3D users who are used to a certain level of professionalism, which is found lacking with a lot of Xplane devs. Some have stepped up and taken their products to the next level while others are still trying to find the On button to their workstations. One of this sites biggest sellers should have been ready to roll in XP11 as soon as it came out of Beta but you are still trying to fix things for the XP10 version.. Really? and your next release will work in Xp11 but it wont really work.. Double really ? and then you will release V2  maybe in a couple of months. No no no !!  Tell me you sacked this person who came up with this idea.

I am the person who came up with this "idea". And I'm pretty sure I will not be getting "sacked" any time soon, but thanks for the suggestion.   It's always amazing to find how some people think they know more about how something should be done than the actual developers of the product. 

There are many reasons for the path we chose.  And I'm sure glad you were not part of the process. Despite thinking that you know "everything" there is about aircraft development for X-Plane, you are apparently blissfully unaware of the fact that Austin is still updating the engine model, more specifically the turboprop physics.  We, on the other hand, are acutely aware of what is going on and will release our products at the exact right time based on all the factors involved, not just some uninformed customer's opinion.  You have no clue what goes on behind the scenes with our development process, so stop posting garbage here as if you do

There are some developers who have "rushed" their releases for XP11 just so they can say they did it.  That's not how we operate, and nothing you say will change that.  Go troll somewhere else.

Edited by JGregory
7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It never ceases to amaze me how acute some of these comments are.......

The statement that you guys are semi-professional really made me laugh, hard! It's almost an admission that this individual would like you to be less personable and more corporate....

Let's reel it back in, this is a niche hobby, which should be fun.  My opinion is don't change a thing, not that you would. What got me involved in X-Plane was how approachable the community is.....

What I am seeing is just more verbal diarrhea spewing, I bet there is medication for that.....

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To all you great developers on this site.

Please just carry on the way you are and always have done. I think you all do an amazing job with your creations, and your support of those who buy them. I think it is brilliant the way most developers for X-Plane add-ons personally communicate with their customers, both when they have problems or even suggestions/ideas.

Just fly and enjoy X-Plane 11 in the meantime. The updates to these products will be ready when they are ready. Lets not forget the customers are getting the best of both worlds from X-Aviation's developers, an add-on that is initially made compatible for use in XP11, and then an improved upgrade taking advantage of more of the XP11 features, which in most cases for existing customers will be available for a reduced price.

Happy days all round!  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great how  " No offence intended" can be translated as "I know nothing about what I'm talking about but will plough on regardless causing as much offence as possible".

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not the best way to introduce yourself to this community, VAL.  I suggest you work on your people skills.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sort of guessed some might get offended and fan boys would white knight themselves but i bet one thing my post would have definitely put a rocket up some butts and made some rethink about what they perceived as an intelligent idea. As for my people skills yeah maybe im blunt and straight to the point but thats me and i get paid quite well for making people rethink about whats achievable or a good idea,so im not changing anytime soon. You are right i dont know much about the development process of a sim aircraft all i know is about the consumer side of flight sim, actually 25 years of buying, installing and deleting products, so maybe you dont think a consumers point of view (even an arrogant,opinionated like mine) is valid well good on ya mate, you have just failed basic business 101.We all want a quality product at the end of the day and what ever time it takes now  Que' sera sera,, so i will go back into my troll cave and fly someone elses products for awhile and let you get back to do what you guys do best. No hard feelings as all is fair in Love,War and Flight Sim Software development.

Cheers

Val .G

-4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, VAL067 said:

I sort of guessed some might get offended and fan boys would white knight themselves but i bet one thing my post would have definitely put a rocket up some butts and made some rethink about what they perceived as an intelligent idea. As for my people skills yeah maybe im blunt and straight to the point but thats me and i get paid quite well for making people rethink about whats achievable or a good idea,so im not changing anytime soon. You are right i dont know much about the development process of a sim aircraft all i know is about the consumer side of flight sim, actually 25 years of buying, installing and deleting products, so maybe you dont think a consumers point of view (even an arrogant,opinionated like mine) is valid well good on ya mate, you have just failed basic business 101.We all want a quality product at the end of the day and what ever time it takes now  Que' sera sera,, so i will go back into my troll cave and fly someone elses products for awhile and let you get back to do what you guys do best. No hard feelings as all is fair in Love,War and Flight Sim Software development.

Cheers

Val .G

25 years of buying, installing and deleting products?  I've had 40 years experience in buying and drinking milk.  But I'm not going to go to a dairy farm and start telling the farmers how to milk a cow and sell to the consumer.  

I'll be honest with you, Val.  In the past 8 years that we've been doing this (full time), we've had 2 people tell us we're not running our business properly.  You're the second one.  

I don't mind people being blunt.  Point of fact, I prefer it.  But only when they have all the facts. You're missing 1 key piece of information in your equation.  Our sales figures.  

However, going by what you think is the best tubeliner in all of flight simming, when put up against the others in your example, I don't think I'll be coming to you for any advice any time soon.
Just doing you the same courtesy of being blunt that you extended to us.

Have a great day

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess i have rattled the hornets nest lols..ah well like i said its all fair and opinions are like Aholes we all have one. I will still be buying your product when it's ready (maybe two months maybe six)and im sure you guys will do a damm fine job of it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can also see this from another angle: people find your addons so great, that they simply can't wait to get their hands on an update for XP11 and tend to run hot in the process.:D;)

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mgeiss said:

You can also see this from another angle: people find your addons so great, that they simply can't wait to get their hands on an update for XP11 and tend to run hot in the process.:D;)

 

You definitely have a way with words, Matthias.   ;)
 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote
On 7/25/2017 at 2:33 AM, VAL067 said:

I sort of guessed some might get offended and fan boys would white knight themselves

 

No 'fan boy' here, just giving a bit of support to the Devs when ignorant people post their garbage, nothing more, nothing less.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/07/2017 at 3:31 AM, VAL067 said:

Guess i have rattled the hornets nest lols..ah well like i said its all fair and opinions are like Aholes we all have one. I will still be buying your product when it's ready (maybe two months maybe six)and im sure you guys will do a damm fine job of it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I see you've demonstrated the value of free advice given on the basis of a number of incorrect assumptions. No need to feel a victim.

Glad to hear that an XP11 update will be available when the XP 11 turbo prop model is stabilised and also looking forward to V2.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your team does great work.  I have the IXEG 737-300 classic and the BAe Jetstream 32 and they are both great aircraft, awesome modelling and Oh so realistic.  Can't wait for the V2 of the SAAB 340A as I am fully into XP11 now and just can't bring myself to go back to XP10.  Realise you will bring an update out for it to work in XP11 but will wait for version 2 so I can enjoy it in XP11 and in all it's glory.  Thanks for all your hard work and commitment to releasing awesome products.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/7/2017 at 3:33 AM, VAL067 said:

I sort of guessed some might get offended and fan boys would white knight themselves but i bet one thing my post would have definitely put a rocket up some butts and made some rethink about what they perceived as an intelligent idea. As for my people skills yeah maybe im blunt and straight to the point but thats me and i get paid quite well for making people rethink about whats achievable or a good idea,so im not changing anytime soon. You are right i dont know much about the development process of a sim aircraft all i know is about the consumer side of flight sim, actually 25 years of buying, installing and deleting products, so maybe you dont think a consumers point of view (even an arrogant,opinionated like mine) is valid well good on ya mate, you have just failed basic business 101.We all want a quality product at the end of the day and what ever time it takes now  Que' sera sera,, so i will go back into my troll cave and fly someone elses products for awhile and let you get back to do what you guys do best. No hard feelings as all is fair in Love,War and Flight Sim Software development.

Cheers

Val .G

And You did not on one point relate to what was stated, that Laminar still are working on their turboprop engine and that the developers of the SAAB 340 will move on when thát is done, wonder what kind of listening You do when You professionally advice people to re-think....?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

I am a fan of this bird too. I purchased recently and i fly it quite often but with XP11 which brings as you know quite a lot of bugs. Any news for the XP11 version release date? Also i would like to ask Goran if the issue with xEnviro crashes is going to be addressed with this update.

Thanks and wait for the update.

Nick

Edited by triannik
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.