Xplane 11?

nicky1088

11 hours ago, triannik said:

Hi all,

I am a fan of this bird too. I purchased recently and i fly it quite often but with XP11 which brings as you know quite a lot of bugs. Any news for the XP11 version release date? Also i would like to ask Goran if the issue with xEnviro crashes is going to be addressed with this update.

Thanks and wait for the update.

Nick

The issue with XEnviro is, as far as we can tell, on their end.  We've already looked at any possible conflicts with XEnviro within the Saab code, and found none.  I've heard from various people close to the XEnviro dev's that they are aware of the problem.  
No news on the update yet.  XP11 is still quite young, and fixing anything while it's in beta would be futile.  Once it's settled down, and stable releases start coming out, then we'll look at getting it done.

Edited by Goran_M
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

We (Jim and myself) were working on the free update, however, the work involved with the code is far too extensive to update for V1.5.  For this reason, the code will be getting a rewrite for V2 (paid upgrade) only.  I have been working on the free compatibility update for XP11, which involves new manipulators (mouse click controls) and flight model adjustments, but I've run into a problem with the autopilot in the latest beta, that is also affecting several other payware add ons.  For this reason, I've stopped working on it until I hear back from Laminar, or until the next X-Plane update is out.  THEN I can make a decision on whether I can work around what Laminar have done or make an entirely new flight model.  The update will hopefully follow soon after that, as that is what I want to get done first.

Currently, the Saab is not supported in XP11, however, if you choose to run it in XP11, DO NOT run it in the latest beta.  This is where the problems are.  

As has been said before, we don't officially support XP11 yet, but let's try and straighten this out.  You SHOULD get an engine start and a flight.  Many people have been able to run the Saab in XP11 with very few issues.
Let's start with the install location.  Did you select the root X Plane folder as your install location when running the installer?
Also, can you please post your GizmoLog.txt file?
We'll start with those, and we can continue in the morning when I get up.  (Getting very late here.)

24 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

As has been said before, we don't officially support XP11 yet, but let's try and straighten this out.  You SHOULD get an engine start and a flight.  Many people have been able to run the Saab in XP11 with very few issues.
Let's start with the install location.  Did you select the root X Plane folder as your install location when running the installer?
Also, can you please post your GizmoLog.txt file?
We'll start with those, and we can continue in the morning when I get up.  (Getting very late here.)

Yes, I picked my X-Plane main directory. Is the attached what you are looking for for my Gizmo? Thanks so much for your time!

Screenshot (1).png

Edited by lehbird

We need the log files from the last session where you ran the Saab.   The logs you sent show several other aircraft being loaded after the Saab.   You also have several other plugins installed, which could be interfering... X-Squawkbox is a possibility.

1. Launch the sim.

2. Select the Saab as your aircraft.

3. If you are still having problems, close the sim and send the logs.

You can also try....

remove ALL the 3rd party plugins from the plugins folder and then re-launch the sim and see what happens.  DO NOT remove the Gizmo plugin.

Edited by JGregory

5 minutes ago, JGregory said:

We need the log files from the last session where you ran the Saab.   The logs you sent show several other aircraft being loaded after the Saab. 

1. Launch the sim.

2. Select the Saab as your aircraft.

3. If you are still showing errors, close the sim and send the logs.

Here you go... this is loading the AC, trying and Autostart, and closing.

Log.txt

GizmoLog.txt

7 minutes ago, JGregory said:

lehbird,

There is nothing in the logs to indicate what the problem might be, except that you have several other plugins installed as I mentioned earlier.  You could try removing those to see if there is a conflict.  

Also, what kind of frame rates are you getting when you load the Saab?

OK; I'll give it a try. No issue with frame rates, probably mid to upper 30's. Thanks for taking a look!

1:  Did you install the Saab in your root X-Plane folder as specified by the installer?
2:  Did you, in any way, change ANYTHING in the acf file within Planemaker?  (This includes changing the aircraft type or category in the acf file)
3.  Did you move or modify any files in the Gizmo folder?
4.  Did you correctly activate the Saab?

1 hour ago, PilotNL said:

Hi Goran_M, I was just wondering, do you plan on making a 340b version in the future as well? Many thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too early to say.  The order of projects as it stands now...

Saab update for XP11 (free)

DC-3 (V2 XP11 only Paid upgrade)

Saab (V2 XP11 only Paid upgrade)

Citation 550 (XP11 only)

After the Citation is an unknown at this point.  A Saab 340B in the form of an expansion pack to the 340A is something we have lightly discussed, but nothing has been finalized.  

7 hours ago, Goran_M said:

1:  Did you install the Saab in your root X-Plane folder as specified by the installer?
2:  Did you, in any way, change ANYTHING in the acf file within Planemaker?  (This includes changing the aircraft type or category in the acf file)
3.  Did you move or modify any files in the Gizmo folder?
4.  Did you correctly activate the Saab?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Definitely not recently. But in case I did something long ago that I don't recall, is there a place I can download a "clean" version?

4. Yes

17 hours ago, lehbird said:

Here you go... this is loading the AC, trying and Autostart, and closing.

Log.txt

GizmoLog.txt

The GizmoLog.txt file attached to this post has repeated warnings in it that you do not have a license for the Saab.

If you believe this is an error file a support ticket.

support@x-aviation.com