Xplane 11?

nicky1088

We're still in the middle of discussions regarding the Saab and XP11.  There will be a paid upgrade for it, due to the amount of work going into this new version, but there will be a few finer points to discuss and finalize.  So nothing "official" at this time, but once things are official, we'll make a post here and on the Facebook page.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, just to be clear.  The long awaited update will create an XP11 stand alone aircraft, and the current v1.3 is now the final and complete XP10 version, with no further development on v1.3 for XP10?

I ask this, only because I've been waiting for the XP10 final update, to determine if I wanted to spend the money on it.   

Thanks,

Tim 

1 hour ago, Tim013 said:

So, just to be clear.  The long awaited update will create an XP11 stand alone aircraft, and the current v1.3 is now the final and complete XP10 version, with no further development on v1.3 for XP10?

I ask this, only because I've been waiting for the XP10 final update, to determine if I wanted to spend the money on it.   

Tim,

The update/upgrade path is as follows:

1. The Saab v1.3 is the current production version available in the store,

1. There will be a v1.4 update for XP10 (only), which will include most of the bug fixes and some enhancements discussed in these forums. 

2. There will be a v1.5 update for XP11 (only) which will be the same as v1.4 and simply allow the aircraft to load and run in XP11. This will NOT include new textures to take advantage of the new XP11 lighting.  In addition, Austin has made some significant changes to the flight model (especially turboprops) and we will NOT be adjusting for those changes with this version of the Saab.  So, although the aircraft will load and run without crashes, the engine and flight performance may not be exactly as it was in XP10.

3. There will be a v2.0 for XP11 (only).  This will, in essence, be a whole new aircraft.  It will include all new 3D modeling, texturing, and coding.  We will be adding additional system modeling and other new features. 

I hope this provides a clear understanding of the upgrade path.  

Edited by JGregory
  • Upvote 6

Crystal clear.  Thanks for laying it out like that.  I'm planning on picking it up for XP10 after the update, and it's good to know that it will also be compatible in XP11 as well.

I'm glad to see the development continue to a version 2 as well.  The SAAB was such an important aircraft in the evolution of commuter aviation, it's cool to see it alive and well in X-Plane.

Thanks for taking the time to show the road map, it's appreciated.

Tim

Edited by Tim013

On 25/01/2017 at 3:14 PM, JGregory said:

.../...

1. There will be a v1.4 update for XP10 (only), which will include most of the bug fixes and some enhancements discussed in these forums.

.../...

I have asked : http://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/12464-misalignment-of-characters/#comment-116686
The answer is : http://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/12464-misalignment-of-characters/#comment-116693

So, the version 1.4 is ready and X-Aviation already has all the files of version 1.4.
The answer of X-Aviation when I asked when the update is scheduled : "there is no time line..."

When will be shipped the version 1.4 ?...

There are somme upgrades and bugs fixes expected by the users for this great SAAB 340A...

Edited by Goofy

• 2 months later...
On 02/04/2017 at 8:16 AM, Goran_M said:

Waiting for the next version of Gizmo to come out.  Ben said it won't be much longer.  Final testing, etc...
When that's out, then we can get started.  It won't be too much longer.

What Goran meant to say is that I've just been smashed by a storm, am in recovery mode, expecting unkown delays.

It's close, but I have no idea how long it's going to take as everything around me is in chaos. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...