Experience with IXEG and Ventura Sky?

daemotron

I just stumbled accross Ventura Sky, seems to be a promising plugin (particularly the METAR interpolation sounds cool). However, it looks to me as there were some similarities to RTH - and this one has been quoted umpteen times by the IXEG team to be a potential troublemaker in conjunction with the 733. Therefore I'd like to ask if somebody already gained some experience with this plugin when used with the 733?

I tested this yesterday and as it looks very impressing from 0 to ~15000 feet, once you get above 20000 feet the colors of the ground haze, the sky and the clouds look somewhat off. At least for the weather yesterday around LSZH when I did my test flight.

Like the clouds have a warmer "whitebalance" than the grey horizon and the haze on the ground looks colder.

I need to do more flying to figure out an opinion. First impression was: Pretty good!

I think the only real issue there is for me is that I need a GTX 1070 because my 970 is running out of VRAM :D

Edited by xm10922
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, xm10922 said:

I tested this yesterday and as it looks very impressing from 0 to ~15000 feet, once you get above 20000 feet the colors of the ground haze, the sky and the clouds look somewhat off. At least for the weather yesterday around LSZH when I did my test flight.

Like the clouds have a warmer "whitebalance" than the grey horizon and the haze on the ground looks colder.

I need to do more flying to figure out an opinion. First impression was: Pretty good!

I think the only real issue there is for me is that I need a GTX 1070 because my 970 is running out of VRAM :D

Well er, y'know if you're going to get a 1070....the 970 would fit perfectly in my 570ti beast. :D