3D Shots and Renders - showoff what you have been working on.

Kieran

Ok so in school we have started on character modelling, consept i drew up was Mr. Wheely Nielsen as shown in the picture

post-8124-0-59867000-1395100453_thumb.pn

And he needed to be modelled accordingly, here is a basic high poly sender

post-8124-0-63057600-1395100511_thumb.pn

This is the tire for his electric onewheeler

post-8124-0-75533700-1395100530_thumb.pn

Just something I am working on... Not much but it is for learning..

Edited by Tom Knudsen

very nice.....although you are missing a set of road wheels at the back :) 2d mapping isnt that hard as long as you have set your UV's out properly, something that will prove a challenge with the detail of the B29s engines. Still, its looing good and your modelling skills are really coming along nicely. Cant wait to see more!!!!

Slainte,

Andy

NZCH

I dread the cockpit/landing gear more then the engines...

Hehehe, all that plumbing and wiring......its gonna be great :) I remember making a 3d lotus 49 f1 car (1697 GP), the wiring gave me a headache but the uv map was insane!!!!! I Have learnt to model things better and more efficiently now days, but the images of the uv map still haunt me.....and then there was the AO map.......

Slainte,

Andy

NZCH

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not related to aviation. But still a fun thing to show off.

I was recently hired on a job to do some visual effects on a few shots. I trained and practiced my skills for a while. Below is one of the tests.

Last week the job was due. A total of five shots were made. Smoke on buildings in a city view, and the grand finale - a buidling exploding to bits.

The challenges weren't on my side:

• ONE computer to do it all. Sim, render and compositing.
  • I was not informed prior to the job that it would be mastered in 4K. HD would've made the job a LOT easier and much faster to complete.
  • I had only three days to complete ALL the shots. That's ONE DAY for the grand finale shot, which was the hardest.

I had to cheat a bit. The fluid dynamic sim was very low res, and had to be rendered asap. It still wasn't more than halfway through rendering the scene I had set up after I left work and came back 12 hours later, which was a huge surprise. (They have a monster computer)

But here's the result of that shot (from 4-10 seconds). Someone else did all the other VFX.

The plot is basically a super hero using an app to overcome different challenges.

Edited by OlaHaldor
  • Upvote 2

In all of the historical photos I've seen, bombs were never stacked, but were left in individual rows, or on their transport carts.  Smaller bombs, such as incendiaries, would be left in their packing crates until they were fused, at which point they would be put into the dispensers.

The P/F-80's look really nice.

Aviation related, for once. Something I'm tinkering with in between other things. A big task. 70 individual buildings and reference images is hard to get. But it's a fun project.

Looks awesome!  Love the title treatment.