Visual gap below warning panel

Hi there,

while moving the camera around the Flight Deck during my last flight I noticed that there is a small gap between the front side of the warning panel and it's bottom on the captains and FO's side, which doesn't seem to belong there or atleast not as visible when comparing to real photos (There's a gap between the metal and leathery part on some down there, but the IXEG version still doesn't look right). At some angles you can even see the yellow connectors on the electrical wires like here:

B733_26.png

P.S. I did a quick search but didn't find any topics about this what suprised me as this is spottable from many position, so sorry if this was already posted.

There is a separate metal panel at the bottom of the area there to the left of the MCP which goes up at the angle. It is held in by screws. Yes, there is a gap. How ever so slightly exaggerated it may or may not be in real life I don't know, but it's there. Rather than having 3D vertices clashing/thrashing and flashing like crazy in your eyes, I would say a happy medium was found here. It can be a draw order issue.

Enjoy the plane and all of it's awesome systems simulations instead. :)

01.jpg

Ah ok, nice detail.

Well rather mentioned something that could be a mistake than missing something out.

Just thought it's wierd that you can see the connectors, because you can see here: sw733.jpg

the mounting metal flap extends quite far back, but i didn't notice that those wires are hanging that low. (btw. that's a wierd MCP config)

Also don't get me wrong I love this plane (it's my only Tubeliner where: Flight Hours >= Dollars spend) and i only want to contribute on improving it.

• Upvote 2

Ah ok, nice detail.

Well rather mentioned something that could be a mistake than missing something out.

Just thought it's wierd that you can see the connectors, because you can see here: sw733.jpg

the mounting metal flap extends quite far back, but i didn't notice that those wires are hanging that low. (btw. that's a wierd MCP config)

Also don't get me wrong I love this plane (it's my only Tubeliner where: Flight Hours >= Dollars spend) and i only want to contribute on improving it.

You will find alot of airliners (especially older ones) will have slight differences in the cockpit due to design modifications or airline options.

Are you refering to my comment about the MCP? Well I'm aware that there are hundreds of versions of the 737s out there especially of the Classics. I still remember the outrage of some virtual captians when IXEG showed the LH Overhead (Switches reversed) in thier first videos (and I'm still waiting for that config in my 737).

But I think it's odd or atleast interesting that they use crude ways like that to mark something INOP. I mean you could just not cut/stamp the holes and don't place the Switches and buttons, but no placing huge metal boxes around them seems the way to go. Is it really that much more efficient to do it that way?

Well atleast it gives each aircraft it's own character.

Edited by avatartrooper