Chased off both the org and avsim

hohum

I commented on your post at Avsim, but cannot see why you would be banned for what I see on the thread now. I can only assume that you said other things that got removed. There are always two sides to a story and we are only seeing one. Forums have rules, if you don't abide by them, you get banned. I have never found the Avsim staff to over-moderate although if heavily provoked, they will ban. The written word does not always convey the weight of the spoken word so sometimes it's very easy to misconstrue humour for sarcasm or worse. I might add that posting about bans on other sites is, in my opinion,  acting a little like a drama queen. I have never been banned from a flight sim site, let alone two in one day. That fact alone should suggest something to you. 

The link to the original thread is here: http://www.avsim.com/topic/497242-looking-for-a-place-to-post-and-socialize-with-fellow-x-plane-users/

I can see some posts were hidden by a moderator due to inappropriate content, but if you got banned, you would have received an email from the moderator advising the reasons. People don't usually get an outright ban, you get a warning, then maybe revoke your ability to post anything for 48 hours, etc.

To receive a ban you have to either have posted some extremely crude remarks and/or abused the moderator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 11/1/2016 at 0:27 PM, hohum said:

As the title suggests, I've been chased off both the org and avsim due to overzealous modding.   Here I am, to hopefully find some people to share my hobby with.

The original poster says nothing about being banned.  He's just saying he's tired of "overzealous modding." His choice of words makes it sound like he was told to leave, but I think he's just saying he'd rather not have to deal with that type of behavior and hopes he doesn't experience it in these forums.

• 1 month later...