How to use the transponder properly on VATSIM

4 hours ago, sizziano said:

First of all 5108 is not a valid squawk code but I digress. Do you even know where the transponder is located? If you don;t it wont help you much to go any further.

I do know where it is located, I just want someone to clarify what modes to set it when the controller asks me to squawk or squawk Charlie 

When ATC tells you to set Squawk code to i.e. 6366. You just enter that Squawk.
Sometimes they tell you to set a Squawk code and ident. Then you enter assigned Squawk Code followed by pressing the ident button.

If ATC require you to set Squawk Mode Charlie on ground you set the transponder to "ON".

On "AUTO" (default) the transponder automaticly sets it to Squawk Mode Charlie on takeoff/when airborn and back to Standby when you have landed.

https://www.vatsim.net/pilot-resource-centre/general-lessons/transponder-and-squawk-codes

EN90ldm.png 

Edited by Tom Stian
  • Upvote 3

First of all 5108 is not a valid squawk code but I digress. Do you even know where the transponder is located? If you don;t it wont help you much to go any further.

Why is 5108 not a valid Code? Is there a master list of codes that can be used?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk