SkyMAXX V4 New Screenshots

JohnMAXX

10 hours ago, boeingornotgoing said:

clouds look great,  v4 will be the real game changer.    , the rain shots look  a little like lines tho vs droplets,  is that because its a screenshot?  

I actually have the intensity of the 3d rain effect turned up so it's more visible in a screenshot, there is a UI for precipitation and it's adjustable to your liking....

• Upvote 1

I like these screenshots, they look like working in the right direction of improving variability which for me is the key of a real weather where you have many cloud formations at the same time developing above and below what you actually read in a metar. Looking forward to SMP4 hoping that the double distance cloud draw can still be flyable on my  system.

Edited by Leporello
  • Upvote 1

I've seen a lot of people asking for proof of SMP4's framerate with the cloud draw distance cranked all the way up. Mind you, I don't have John's artistic touch, but here are a couple of shots of what's pretty much a worst case scenario - with the framerate display on. Blow 'em up and see for yourself. This is over the Chicago area right now, where there are multiple large, dense cloud layers of different types being fed in from Real Weather Connector.

Remember your mileage will vary. Skymaxx Pro usually isn't your performance bottleneck; scenery, your rendering settings, and other addons often are. 

SMP4Frames4.pngSMP4Frames3.png

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, crisk73 said:

Will it be possibile for the distant clouds on the horizon to get some blueish Rayleigh effect like the real ones?

That's funny, because SMP's clouds used to do that - and then people complained about it, so we turned that effect off. Really, people were freaking out on us insisting that clouds always appear white no matter what (even though I know that's not true.)

You've given me the courage to re-enable that effect, but perhaps just more subtle than it used to be.

Thanks for the feedback.

• Upvote 4

That's funny, because SMP's clouds used to do that - and then people complained about it, so we turned that effect off. Really, people were freaking out on us insisting that clouds always appear white no matter what (even though I know that's not true.)

You've given me the courage to re-enable that effect, but perhaps just more subtle than it used to be.

Thanks for the feedback.

Why not just have it as an option? Also what are your computer specs? Noticed AA is off in those screenshots.

Why not just have it as an option? Also what are your computer specs? Noticed AA is off in those screenshots.

There's an element to a customer experience and service load associated to further complicating options in a product. Believe it or not, at some point it becomes an honest turn off for many.

We have to strike the right balances for people like yourself, and then the rest.

I believe Frank uses an iMac in those shots.