Spot whats new (v1.1 spoiler alert)

Morten

VNAV works ok for basic flights - it starts having issues when the vertical parameters are getting complicated, like many speed and/or altitude restrictions... We plan to overhaul and improve on that in the future. 1.1 will not have any fixes regarding VNAV, beyond curing whatever gizmo-soft-crashes were caused by it.

Jan

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, InfWizard said:

Does IXEG typically prioritize aesthetic type updates over systems type patches? 

No, in fact all 7 patches since release were about systems so far.

Upcoming release 1.1 will introduce aesthetic updates they started to share over this spoiler alert thread among more systems updates.

• 2 weeks later...

Would there be a possibility in having a freighter model? I did a paint on a TNT freighter 733 but because of the windows being modeled it doesn't look correct. I tried to remove the transparent texture but then all the windows get the same color even if the fuselage paint is different in the front and the back. It would be nice to have just the pax windows removable. A working freight door would be nice but just eye candy.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Other variants of the aircraft are on the list. The problem is that a -400 and -500 has different aerodynamics than the -300, so we need to have separate (planemaker) aircraft for those. This is why we want to "finish" the -300 as much as possible before we make other variants or it will be an update and support nightmare for both you and us.  As for a cargo version, that is more likely short term since it is basically only a 3D update.  No decisions on the timetable for that has been set.  But, the most likely (subject to change)  progress is

• v.1.1 for XP10
  • v 1.1 for XP11
  • Cargo version
  • 500/400

V 1.1 for XP10 is currently in closed beta.  

XP11 - as we predicted - is still a moving target. Like Austin implementing new flight model stuff still in the middle of the beta (jet engine, ground model etc), plenty of XP bugs and we expect it to be like this for a few more months.

• Upvote 18

Other variants of the aircraft are on the list. The problem is that a -400 and -500 has different aerodynamics than the -300, so we need to have separate (planemaker) aircraft for those. This is why we want to "finish" the -300 as much as possible before we make other variants or it will be an update and support nightmare for both you and us.  As for a cargo version, that is more likely short term since it is basically only a 3D update.  No decisions on the timetable for that has been set.  But, the most likely (subject to change)  progress is

• v.1.1 for XP10
  • v 1.1 for XP11
  • Cargo version
  • 500/400

XP11 - as we predicted - is still a moving target. Like Austin implementing new flight model stuff still in the middle of the beta (jet engine, ground model etc), plenty of XP bugs and we expect it to be like this for a few more months.

Really nice to hear!

Looking forward to the future upgrades.

Keep up the great work.

And Happy New Year to you all [emoji322][emoji322][emoji322]

Cheers Jorik

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

On 12/31/2016 at 2:58 PM, Morten said:

• v.1.1 for XP10
  • v 1.1 for XP11
  • Cargo version
  • 500/400

Wish there was something I could do to help you guys out with regarding custom avionics coding. If you think there's some particular system on a "nice to have" list that you guys don't have the time to produce right now, please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2016 at 1:48 PM, Litjan said:

VNAV works ok for basic flights - it starts having issues when the vertical parameters are getting complicated, like many speed and/or altitude restrictions... We plan to overhaul and improve on that in the future. 1.1 will not have any fixes regarding VNAV, beyond curing whatever gizmo-soft-crashes were caused by it.

Jan

Hello Jan,

VNAV doesn't work if you don't insert STAR in FP. On leg page you will see climb alt to final FL and this FL will be on final Fix. 

VNAV works fine if flight in USA, where you always know your SID and STAR/transition, but in EU you may have 2-3 or 5 (in Russia) STAR, and it insert after ATC clear you for approach. If you try change STAR in flight you will have 50% chance  crash gizmo and "death" of Autopilot, or CTD. 

Alex

• Upvote 2

On Monday, January 16, 2017 at 1:55 PM, Yofi said:

Hello Jan,

VNAV doesn't work if you don't insert STAR in FP. On leg page you will see climb alt to final FL and this FL will be on final Fix. 

VNAV works fine if flight in USA, where you always know your SID and STAR/transition, but in EU you may have 2-3 or 5 (in Russia) STAR, and it insert after ATC clear you for approach. If you try change STAR in flight you will have 50% chance  crash gizmo and "death" of Autopilot, or CTD. 

Alex

It is really truth. +1.

• Upvote 1

Ok, you guys are getting to me :lol:. This is what I wrote to our testers when we started internal testing of 1.1 in October:

Hello testers,

we have some new things in 1.1 and a lot of bugfixing. Here is a list of what is new in 1.1:

• TCAS. Just like in the real airplane, it will show various types of traffic (PROX, TA, RA) and the relative altitude, plus voice callouts and visual aid to avoiding RA traffic. The panel should work as the real one, including TA only, ABV/BLW, STBY, etc.
  • EGPWS. This is enhanced over 1.0.7 - the modes (1-5) should work a lot more closely to how the real modes work, including submodes (i.e. 4A, 4B). There is also a terrain-look-ahead feature that will alert when approaching terrain higher than the aircraft. New panel, new switches, new TERRAIN ON light.
  • Opening cargo doors and 3D holds modeled.
  • Eyebrow windows including selectable sunshade panels (select in preferences menu)
  • Opening cockpit door
  • To be implemented before release: Opening passenger and service doors
  • Now showing current active waypoint distance and ETA on EHSI upper corners in MAP and CTR MAP mode
  • added increase/decrease map range datarefs

1.1 also includes a bunch of fixes:

• A multitude of fixes to FMS stability and LNAV performance
  • Several texture fixes
  • INOP label for the Logo Lights if winglets fitted
  • Autopilot fixes (autothrust gain, logic of MA buttons, GS arm logic, cleanup of FMA modes in some circumstances, FL CHG pitch behaviour in MACH regime with turbulence, dual AP go-around behaviour above 400 feet, second AP engage possible while LOC only armed)
  • Several rare gizmo crashes fixed for switches and levers
  • Fixes to headings and bearings shown on FIX INFO and LEGS page (now show correct magnetic tracks)
  • Ground power not showing anymore when booting in turnaround state
  • fixes to default transition altitude not always showing correctly (still just a crude east/west division)
  • Added realistic way to operate approach speeds on APPROACH page
  • Added failure flag to altimeter when no elec power
  • improved EFIS symbology when IRS units not aligned
  • Fuel guages now show "lbs" when imperial units are selected
  • LNAV tracking accuracy improved (no more offset flying)
  • Fixes for textures turning "the wrong way" on some knobs

In the meantime we have also added some more stuff to make our plane work better with XP11 (note that we are still not claiming compatibility, yet):

• Fix for some cases of hypoxia blackout in XP11
  • Fix for "airplane rolling away on sloped ramp in cold and dark" in XP11

There are some things that won´t make 1.1, but are not forgotten!

• Holds (user entered)
  • RTE DATA on EHSI
  • Solid fuel and time prediction for LEGS and PROG page
  • OFFSET feature
  • VNAV reliability

I will add some screenshots later to show some of this stuff...

Jan

• Upvote 26

Nice to see this list.  Many things to look forward to for sure.

I'm normally a "whenever it gets here, it gets here" kind of person, but for some reason, I'm really itching to get this update sooner than later.  I guess it's because I enjoy the aircraft so much, that I want it to be even better.

The only drawback for me right now is VASTSIM flying where you might get a re-route, and have to revert to /A navigation.  I hope the update goes a long way in shoring up the FMC in this area.

Tim

Thanks for the list,

It does look good!

I am however missing one feature on the list, hence my question:

• Are we going to get a cabin that lights up with V 1.1?

I personally do not need a fully modelled cabin, but I would love to see the cabin finally lit. Its always weird to have a plane flying trough the night without any interior light what so ever... ;)

Best regards,

Nils

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, beHaind said:

Thanks for the list,

It does look good!

I am however missing one feature on the list, hence my question:

• Are we going to get a cabin that lights up with V 1.1?

I personally do not need a fully modelled cabin, but I would love to see the cabin finally lit. Its always weird to have a plane flying trough the night without any interior light what so ever... ;)

Best regards,

Nils

No promises - but I hope so!

• Upvote 3

Great news, keep up the good work!

Any chance of changing the cloud illumination from runway turn off lights to the wing root landing light?  Only if does not slow down progress of something of bigger importance! It's only a "nice to have" and I think I'm the only one with this wish <_<

All the best

Iain