Sign in to follow this  
cw777

how to get fmc information displayed

With the VMAX 777, there is an advanced FMC. When choosing an approach STAR on the FMC dep/arr page, it gives a long list of STARS. My gizmo program knows which one to select, but has no way of telling which FMC key corresponds to the correct STAR. Essentially, It cannot select the correct STAR because it does not know where it is displayed on the screen of FMC. So, how can I get the FMC screen text? So that then I can loop through, do a search, etc. I have checked all datarefs, and there are only ones for pressing FMC buttons, etc.

...if this is not possible...what are my options?

Cheers 

Edited by cw777

Since is highly customized, you might not be able to get any info, you are looking for. Refer to their documentation or ask them if they can provide you with info.

You best bet is to look into fmc API to get what's possible. 

20 minutes ago, airfighter said:

Since is highly customized, you might not be able to get any info, you are looking for. Refer to their documentation or ask them if they can provide you with info.

You best bet is to look into fmc API to get what's possible. 

When you say an FMC api, do you mean something that has already been provided by VMAX 777 that I don't know about? And regarding their docs, as far as I can find, they only supply flight operations manuals, checklists, etc- but nothing for the developer.

many thanks!

2 minutes ago, cw777 said:

When you say an FMC api, do you mean something that has already been provided by VMAX 777 that I don't know about? And regarding their docs, as far as I can find, they only supply flight operations manuals, checklists, etc- but nothing for the developer.

many thanks!

Since here is... Gizmo, I'm talking about GIZMO fmc API, although probably will not help you much. Contact developers to provide you any info about fmc outputs. For sure the must have an "html generator" which outputs data for viewing/controlling the CDU from a browser.

Yes - good point - I was thinking about using the 777 cdu network feature to request data from their but that seems hugely tedious ... I guess I'll just have to contact support then. Cheers.

Hope they'll  provide you with what you need. About tedious...well, I'm implementing X-FMC to Avanti, which have the relative documentation available, and because of me trying to adapt xfmc to emulate FMS-3000 of the Avanti, and X-FMC's output being a mixed of strings and bytes, tedious is a mild characterization!

Good luck!

I wish there was something more clear for this. Maybe I should consider using UFMC then as at least it gives something - even if a mess. Oh well.

Thanks

7 hours ago, airfighter said:

Hope they'll  provide you with what you need. About tedious...well, I'm implementing X-FMC to Avanti, which have the relative documentation available, and because of me trying to adapt xfmc to emulate FMS-3000 of the Avanti, and X-FMC's output being a mixed of strings and bytes, tedious is a mild characterization!

Good luck!

also, regarding the fmc api in gizmo, how would i go about using it? how does getDisplayed work? It sounds pretty hopeful....

1 hour ago, cw777 said:

also, regarding the fmc api in gizmo, how would i go about using it? how does getDisplayed work? It sounds pretty hopeful....

As per the documentation, that function returns the fmc_index_id of the currently displayed data in the fmc flight plan.  

If I remember correctly, the VMAX 77 has a custom FMS.  It is likely that none of the X-Plane SDK or Gizmo API will be useful in what you are attempting to do.  

1 hour ago, JGregory said:

As per the documentation, that function returns the fmc_index_id of the currently displayed data in the fmc flight plan.  

If I remember correctly, the VMAX 77 has a custom FMS.  It is likely that none of the X-Plane SDK or Gizmo API will be useful in what you are attempting to do.  

So the C++ SDK could not even do this? I see - im guessing it is very much local data of the 777 system. My options are hugely limited. I am very much relying on the response from flightfactor customer service...meanwhile...what would you do!