Drawing accurate weather conditions issue

Kyle Sanders

Hello,

I am completely open to the fact that this may be XP related rather than SMP, but I just noticed it as I was testing the newly purchased V3. Regardless, I would be thankful for some help getting this sorted out.

1) I don't have a picture for this but I remember about a month or so ago, there was someone that posted a video concerning how fog and other clouds disappear as you climb higher... They disappear from below you and when you climb higher, now you have a box of clouds drawn rather than it extending to the horizon.

2) "No raing or weather #" images attached show extreme weather set but no evidence of it. (I know-misspelled raining). I have lightening and the sound but that is it.

No raing or weather 1.jpgNo raing or weather 2.jpgNo raing or weather 3.jpg

3) "MVFR BKN 2100FT" image shows a BKN layer at 2,100agl and MVFR weather settings but not exactly what you would expect to see with a BKN layer that low to the ground an MVFR conditions. I see the SKY in the distance lol

MVFR BKN 2100FT.jpg

Yes, I've seen that video you're talking about has reared its ugly head again on YouTube and is making the rounds again on social media. It represents a very specific problem with certain METAR reports that we've already fixed, but it has nothing to do with what you're seeing.

Like Cameron said, I think you'll be happier with "dense particles".

In your first shot, I think the visibility is just so low that you can't really see the bottoms of the clouds above you. But dense particles should make them more visible.