CDU display output formatting

jfjoubert

Question to the devs:

I'm struggling to determine the text format when reading the CDU line datarefs for the IXEG 737. It seems as though highlighted (reversed) text is indicated with an ampersand (&) or multiple ampersands. Input fields (square blocks) are indicated as a hash (#). I'm also getting a diamond with a question mark () character which I assume indicates that the text should be displayed in a smaller size font. However, these diamonds are not consistent, especially on detailed lines where the pilot can change speed/altitude constraints on the LEGS page. If you change the default speed and or altitude (small font) to a pilot selected one then the text should be displayed in a larger font, but there is no indication from the data returned from the Dataref to this effect.

Could someone from the development team perhaps assist me with this?

Thanks.

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the info... I understand.

I'm only building this "virtual" CDU for my own use so I accept the risks with potential changes in the underlying platform. Trying to get the virtual CDU to look exactly like the one in the sim is a nice to have. The current implementation is already 100 times better than having to pan around in the VC to try and "tune" the CDU.

• Upvote 2