Problem with skymaxx pro 3.3.2

archibit

Hi everyone. Very like skymaxx, but today have a problem. Do not sure what was the reason, skymaxx or rwc. When I load X-Plane I have a gismo error. How I can understand it is something wrong while metar data updating from NOAA source. Attaching screenshot, gismoLog and metar.rwx. Hope this will help to solve the problem.

Use X-plane 10.50, skymaxx 3.3.2 and last version rwc.

Thanks.

METAR.rwx

B733_2.png

GizmoLog.txt

I've asked Ben (author of Gizmo) to have a look at that error message. I don't know if it indicates an actual problem or not.

As for the dark layer - that's a "broken stratiform" layer as seen from below. You'll see it in RWC if the entire surrounding area is reporting overcast conditions at roughly the same altitude, and you have "broken stratiform" set as your "overcast representation" in SMP's configuration screen. If you don't like it, try different settings for "overcast representation."

It's pretty unusual for overcast clouds to appear at such a high altitude. My guess would be that the overcast layer was intersecting with the broken cumulus layers below you, and got pushed up to avoid intersecting. If your log.txt says anything about moving stratus layers to avoid a collision, that's what happened there - and our next version will handle that case better. But if your log.txt doesn't mention that, we're just doing what the METAR reports tell us.

Edited by sundog

• 2 weeks later...

Good day. Is there any information from Ben about problem that I described before? Today I have the same error again. It is like the one that I described in first post. When I loaded X-Plane there was a gismo message error. metar.rwx and gismolog.txt attached. Please solve the problem with gismo error if it possible. Thanks.

GizmoLog.txt

METAR.rwx