I Won $6500.00 On A Poker Machine

TheFly

I then spent $3000.00 on an EVGA 1080 8 gb card and an Asus PG348Q 3440 x 1440 res 34" Ultra Widescreen because, being me and knowing me, I'd only fritter it away on bills .I had to tell you that, to tell you this. If you are on the cusp of selling one of your children for scientific experimentation, do it to get this combination. Flight simulators are made for this 21.9 format. After using the monitor for a week and I'm only concerned with flight simulators, EVERYTHING is transformed.

You people probably have some excellent hardware, monitors etc and I respect that. However, the 21.9 format adds peripheral areas to fill more of your vision. The immersion is 4 fold. At the resolution of 3440 x 1440 and a 100 hz refresh rate, until you have one, you can't know, so if you want to transform all of your flight sims (X-Plane looks amazing) I recommend you go this route.

Jon

Edited by TheFly
  • Upvote 1

I do fly on a UltraWide 3440x1440p LG Panel since half a year now, and I wont go back to a "normal" form factor. The only thing is that these resolutions need a lot of GPU power, I do run a 980Ti and even she struggles a bit when flying over EGLL or in stormy weather... but hey! I heard rumours about an upcoming 1080Ti :) This could be a good candidate for a replacement :D 

On 23/09/2016 at 4:28 AM, fffirefly said:

Can you Post a short video please?  

Using three monitors now but getting too much distortion on the side monitors (fov 140).

11 hours ago, Jah said:

I do fly on a UltraWide 3440x1440p LG Panel since half a year now, and I wont go back to a "normal" form factor. The only thing is that these resolutions need a lot of GPU power, I do run a 980Ti and even she struggles a bit when flying over EGLL or in stormy weather... but hey! I heard rumours about an upcoming 1080Ti :) This could be a good candidate for a replacement :D 

I'm not too sure if any of my fps anomalies are caused my a win10 update or adoption of v 10.50. I fly the ixeg 737 classic, a lot. It is becoming my favourite aircraft in any of my sims. When I do a flight from egcc to lowi, entering europe my 1080 is smashed by a graphical sledge hammer to 5-7 fps for a while, then it raises again to 46 fps and further in takes another hit (fl330). Now doing the same flight in my Kingair to see if it's scenery levels set too high or whatever it might be. Hope it's not the ixeg 737.

On 25.9.2016 at 3:05 AM, TheFly said:

I'm not too sure if any of my fps anomalies are caused my a win10 update or adoption of v 10.50. I fly the ixeg 737 classic, a lot. It is becoming my favourite aircraft in any of my sims. When I do a flight from egcc to lowi, entering europe my 1080 is smashed by a graphical sledge hammer to 5-7 fps for a while, then it raises again to 46 fps and further in takes another hit (fl330). Now doing the same flight in my Kingair to see if it's scenery levels set too high or whatever it might be. Hope it's not the ixeg 737.

I experience the same issue.. on my flights (IXEG737 but as I remember correcty also other aircrafts) my Xplane gets hit by this FPS decrease around 5-10fps then rises up again.. 

I thought the perpetrator is maybe EFASS and its weather module.. but I'n not really sure if this is the problem?