Any chance to get these options in 1.0.8 ?

xplana

1 hour ago, Litjan said:

...and the weather request we will most likely never be able to add...

I guess it is doable, coupling it with winds  aloft function in x-plane (If I'm correct it is supposed to get data on winds at given FL to anticipate the descent VNAV). But It wouldn' t work everywhere. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ricardo2696 said:

Are you guys planning to release 1.0.8 when xplane 11 comes out?? is there anything related to the next version of the sim delaying the update?? 

No, that is not related. We expect our plane to keep working in XP11 - but I am sure there will be a thing or two that needs to be adjusted - or some new features that we can make use of.

I don´t think there will be a 1.0.8 - we have enough new content and fixes ready on the sideline to warrant calling the next one 1.1 - we are "just" waiting to get some more FMS fixes in. Once those are done we will need to do a thorough flight-testing, we would like to avoid the "fix two things, break one new" we used to have during the frantic hot-fix run.

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, xplana said:

Bad News. May i ask why this is never going to come?

I am not the expert on this - but for us to enable something like this, we would have to have an opportunity to read weather at certain locations, and I doubt that X-Plane provides datarefs or an interface for that.

We have worked around obstructions like this before, but I don´t even know what that prompt REALLY does - I have never pushed it in 10 years of flying the real 737...(-> low priority feature)

Jan

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Litjan said:

I am not the expert on this - but for us to enable something like this, we would have to have an opportunity to read weather at certain locations, and I doubt that X-Plane provides datarefs or an interface for that.[…]

Jan

I don't know how he does it but JAR's A330 reads metar from departure/destination, I think it does query on an external website, because sometime the Metar differs from X-plane's one. 

PMDG use weather from PFPX files or Active Sky 

• Upvote 1

I would have expected the same Tchou was just stating. From what i thought, you enter an icao Code into the machine and the 737 grabs the metar from lets say NOAA and presents it. From what I remember, the process of recceiving the metar takes some time in the real units, up to single digit minutes. Correct me if I am wrong.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Litjan said:

I am not the expert on this - but for us to enable something like this, we would have to have an opportunity to read weather at certain locations, and I doubt that X-Plane provides datarefs or an interface for that.

We have worked around obstructions like this before, but I don´t even know what that prompt REALLY does - I have never pushed it in 10 years of flying the real 737...(-> low priority feature)

Jan

9 hours ago, Tchou said:

I don't know how he does it but JAR's A330 reads metar from departure/destination, I think it does query on an external website, because sometime the Metar differs from X-plane's one. 

PMDG use weather from PFPX files or Active Sky 

Neither am I, and forgive my intrusion on this but I do use Active Sky Next when I have a weakness and need a lazy flight in a slightly cartoonish scenery filled environment with the nice 777 in P3D. For my more action loaded 737 Classic flights I use FSGlobal Real Weather with Real Weather Connector & SkyMaxx Pro 3 (a bit of a long road to have clouds represented in a decent way, but that's the XPlane way for me at the moment) . At first sight, it does provide that weather data needed for this FMC import thingy: 

FLIGHT PLAN
KLAX - KSFO

KLAX                 128 ft
DOCKR              1 770 ft        2 nm       00:01   255°   122°/  5 kt      23 °C    -
EVOSE              3 412 ft        2 nm       00:01   264°   313°/  3 kt      19 °C    -
MKGEE              7 761 ft        7 nm       00:02   264°   331°/  4 kt      13 °C    -
MUELR             12 881 ft       12 nm       00:02   269°   244°/  7 kt       5 °C    M
FIXIT             15 286 ft        7 nm       00:01   301°   229°/ 12 kt       2 °C    M
IKAYE             18 136 ft       10 nm       00:01   354°   246°/ 17 kt      -2 °C    L
SCHOR             22 714 ft       20 nm       00:03   301°   249°/ 31 kt     -11 °C    -
RZS               27 375 ft       24 nm       00:03   300°   242°/ 54 kt     -25 °C    -
T/C               36 000 ft       52 nm       00:07   318°   245°/ 79 kt     -45 °C    -
PEGRS             36 000 ft       13 nm       00:02   318°   245°/ 79 kt     -45 °C    -
ZONAL             36 000 ft       13 nm       00:02   318°   245°/ 79 kt     -45 °C    -
T/D               36 000 ft       45 nm       00:06   318°   241°/ 79 kt     -46 °C    -
BSR               31 761 ft       13 nm       00:02   318°   240°/ 74 kt     -37 °C    -
CARME             25 000 ft       20 nm       00:03   325°   236°/ 55 kt     -21 °C    L
ANJEE             19 700 ft       18 nm       00:02   347°   241°/ 28 kt     -12 °C    -
SKUNK             15 000 ft       16 nm       00:02   348°   229°/ 36 kt      -3 °C    -
BOLDR             11 516 ft       10 nm       00:02   348°   241°/ 34 kt       4 °C    M
MENLO              4 667 ft       18 nm       00:04   348°   280°/ 15 kt      14 °C    M
KSFO                  13 ft       14 nm       00:05   311°   260°/ 13 kt      15 °C    M
                                 316 nm       00:51

AVG TRIP WIND:               246°/ 49kt
AVG CRUISE WIND:             243°/ 79kt
AVG HEADWIND COMPONENT:           9 kts
AVG TRIP TEMPERATURE:            -21 °C
AVG TRIP TEMP ISA DEV:            13 °C
AVG CRUISE TEMPERATURE:          -46 °C
AVG CRUISE TEMP ISA DEV:          11 °C

It would be interesting to understand if FSGlobal is willing to invest further into XP and who knows, it could be a good catalyst for additional sales in the iXEG market for them... I pretend Active Sky Next saw their sales figures increase significantly after teaming up with PMDG for that innovative feature.

But then, your statement in brackets... If we end up having all possible low priority features, will we ever use them? will we not overload the sim and hit our performance?

on my usual short flights, the differences you will have in the PROG page if you compare times and fuel consumption, will be small, on an eight hours jump over the Atlantic however, that information can be very valuable.

I prefer to have all the high priority first, and then why not, adding a few highlights if there is still some head-room

just thinking :-)

B733_13.jpgB733_40.jpgB733_10.jpg

Edited by donoscar
adding screen shots
  • Upvote 1

On 21.9.2016 at 11:28 AM, xplana said:

I would have expected the same Tchou was just stating. From what i thought, you enter an icao Code into the machine and the 737 grabs the metar from lets say NOAA and presents it. From what I remember, the process of recceiving the metar takes some time in the real units, up to single digit minutes. Correct me if I am wrong.

Thank everyone for the clarification.

During this discussion and some poking around the net, i just realized that we are talking abot 2 different processes concerning possible weather requests into the machines.

1. Fetching weather  - Weather data for calculations
The first is related to (complex) forecasts, where weather is requested and injected in probably a lot of calculations (descend, cruise, alternate calc...) I think most of you reffered to this point, because i misleadingly posted a that screenshot.

2. Fetching weather  - METAR data (ACARS)
The second is related to ACARS only, which have nothing to do wit any calculations. This is simply grabing METAR data and presenting them on the screen of the CDU/FMC.... Besides the METAR, ATIS seemes to be a common data thats fetched via ACARS?!

3bztfFR.pngeUa5CdK.jpg

I know that this things (esp. ATIS) are of a low priority. I think we all can understand that.
But having (one day) especially the METAR fetching routine within a ACARS section in the IXEG 737 would make at least the PilotEdge/IVAO/VATSIM simmer pretty happy.
I would expect the effort of fetching and presenting METARs should not to be that huge. I am quite surprised why this ACARS functions have never made theire way into a FSX/P3D/X-Plane cockpit (afaik).

Thank you

Edited by xplana
  • Upvote 2

On 20.9.2016 at 0:09 AM, Cameron said:

I would say these items are not likely in a 1.0.8 update.

There have been many bug fixes in the 1.0.8 if I am not mistaken right? - So I would imagine you guys did not have the time to add new features correct?

So my question is:  When will we "estimated" see those features added that were lefte out of version 1 as described in this thread

Are you guys shooting for version 2 or implementing these in future updates one by one?

On 21.9.2016 at 8:44 AM, Litjan said:

...and the weather request we will most likely never be able to add...

Parsing data should be easy enough to do if you have an server hosted somewhere. Perhaps you   @Ben Russell could elaborate on the posibility of such with in GIZMO, is it possible or is this out of the scope of what GIZMO can do? In any case I would imagine (without have seen the code) think that if you do parse data back and forth, it should be able to work within the gui of the FMS CDU.

For example for the weather?

• Parsing raw Metar Data from X-Plane's Metar.rwx file - is it possible to have that then redirected to the CDU screen upon request

For example for the ATIS data?

• Parsing data via the VATSIM statistic api - It should returns an XML file which you may or may not be able to use in the plane. Read more about this in the api here http://api.vateud.net/

For example for the ACARS data?

• This can be parsed via an third party client. I do believe this is a feature most suited for i.e. Virtual Airlines and such, groups that can host an server based solution which i.e. the plane can benefit from, pull data from. Not sure if the 737 have ACARS, perhaps you can answer that @Litjan - Anyway, read somthing about that there http://www.hoppie.nl/acars/

I do belive many of these features are hard to harder to implement and would serve more as eyecandy for horny equipment and feature addics in X-Plane. Nice to have but not essential. But if I would pick as an semi-addicted x-planer for soon to be implemented new features it would for sure be (excuse me if this is alredy in, been away for a while)

• Pilot entered HOLDS
  • TCAS
  • EGPWS
  • GPWS
  • IRS last position in the FMC CDU
  • Different TEST features like i.e. the Comm TEST

This is just top of my head, but in retrospect we need those minor things working if possible to make it more realistic (kinda like getting A+ instead of A's he he).

I am extremely happy with the plane so far, it works and it works good. So basically it can only get better, but I would not want a better plane if it boils down to the fact that such

new features will impact the performance.  Performance is allways the no.uno feature to have!!!

Last but at least, thank you to all the team from GIZMO to IXEG to X-Pilot for every dedicated hour of your time :)

• Upvote 1

Thank Cameron, did notice that now for version 1.1 corrected. But it does not say anything about i.e. new features.

Not to redundant but if new features is aimed for example version 2, damn that will take long LOL.. Sorry Camron, but who doesnt want added features asap he he.

I get it though, things take time and cost money. But could you guys answer us this then, do you have any cool new features lining up, simple yes or no would do just fine.

I believe those important things should be on the timeline, after bug fixes which is no one priority I would imagine.

6 hours ago, Tom Knudsen said:

There have been many bug fixes in the 1.0.8 if I am not mistaken right? - So I would imagine you guys did not have the time to add new features correct?

So my question is:  When will we "estimated" see those features added that were lefte out of version 1 as described in this thread

Are you guys shooting for version 2 or implementing these in future updates one by one?

Parsing data should be easy enough to do if you have an server hosted somewhere. Perhaps you   @Ben Russell could elaborate on the posibility of such with in GIZMO, is it possible or is this out of the scope of what GIZMO can do? In any case I would imagine (without have seen the code) think that if you do parse data back and forth, it should be able to work within the gui of the FMS CDU.

For example for the weather?

• Parsing raw Metar Data from X-Plane's Metar.rwx file - is it possible to have that then redirected to the CDU screen upon request

For example for the ATIS data?

• Parsing data via the VATSIM statistic api - It should returns an XML file which you may or may not be able to use in the plane. Read more about this in the api here http://api.vateud.net/

For example for the ACARS data?

• This can be parsed via an third party client. I do believe this is a feature most suited for i.e. Virtual Airlines and such, groups that can host an server based solution which i.e. the plane can benefit from, pull data from. Not sure if the 737 have ACARS, perhaps you can answer that @Litjan - Anyway, read somthing about that there http://www.hoppie.nl/acars/

I do belive many of these features are hard to harder to implement and would serve more as eyecandy for horny equipment and feature addics in X-Plane. Nice to have but not essential. But if I would pick as an semi-addicted x-planer for soon to be implemented new features it would for sure be (excuse me if this is alredy in, been away for a while)

• Pilot entered HOLDS
  • TCAS
  • EGPWS
  • GPWS
  • IRS last position in the FMC CDU
  • Different TEST features like i.e. the Comm TEST

This is just top of my head, but in retrospect we need those minor things working if possible to make it more realistic (kinda like getting A+ instead of A's he he).

I am extremely happy with the plane so far, it works and it works good. So basically it can only get better, but I would not want a better plane if it boils down to the fact that such

new features will impact the performance.  Performance is allways the no.uno feature to have!!!

Last but at least, thank you to all the team from GIZMO to IXEG to X-Pilot for every dedicated hour of your time :)

It can be done. Jan has set the priority so it's not very likely that it will be done.

Edited by Ben Russell
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, xplana said:

Right. But putting the herein discussed list on the todo list might require some, let's say waterboarding ;)

Yay, waterboarding in Guantanamo Bay! Can I get that with all-inclusive?

A bit of a spoiler, but we have fully custom:

• TCAS
  • EGPWS (+GPWS) - no man-made obstacle look-ahead, though, due to lack of database in XP.

running already on our 1.1 testbed. We are just waiting on some more features to be done to make it a worthy "full" updated, instead of a hotfix. There will also be a new gizmo version to accomodate the new MacOS, and too many other texture, sound and other fixes to list right now.

It will take another few weeks, though - this time we really want to test the **** out of it.

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 7

50 minutes ago, Litjan said:

Yay, waterboarding in Guantanamo Bay! Can I get that with all-inclusive?

A bit of a spoiler, but we have fully custom:

• TCAS
  • EGPWS (+GPWS) - no man-made obstacle look-ahead, though, due to lack of database in XP.

running already on our 1.1 testbed. We are just waiting on some more features to be done to make it a worthy "full" updated, instead of a hotfix. There will also be a new gizmo version to accomodate the new MacOS, and too many other texture, sound and other fixes to list right now.

It will take another few weeks, though - this time we really want to test the **** out of it.

Cheers, Jan

Fantastic! Keep up the good work. Well worth the money I paid, certainly no disappointments yet. :D