X-Plane 10 slows internet

BfrancyFly

Hi at all,

I'm experiencing this problem during my X-Plane 10.50 sessions and I hope that someone can help me to figure it out:

As I use X plane 10 it seems that the simulator kills my internet connection, every program that is downloading something slows to 0 Kb/s untill I close X-Plane then everything came back to normal.
For example: I was downloading a game via Origin (EA Games) at 840 Kb/s but when I opened X-Plane and started the flight session the download speed reduced to 0 Kb/s and in the internet  tab of task manager every program is using 0 % of connection (while normally I have always some process that is downloading something).

Yesterday I reinstalled X-Plane (after a pc format) to try to solve the problem but nothing changed (at the moment X-Plane is "virgin" no add on/plugin installed.)

Can you help me? Is there something that I can do?

My PC: Windows 10 64 bit, X-Plane 10.50 (no beta, last stable update) CPU: i7 3770K @4.4 Ghz. GTX 780Ti 3Gb, 16 GB RAM, SSD 500 Gb plus HDD 1 TB WD Blue, internet via ethernet cable (and a power link).

Every test that I did was in low workload situation: KSEA with default Baron 58 at dusk, graphic settings medium/high.

If you need some log file tell me, I am not so confident with X-Plane world.

Thank you in advance

Francesco

If you have gizmo installed open the Cessna 172, go to the gizmo Shell and paste in this command and press enter:

gizmo.sleep( 10, 1 )

This will make the gizmo plugin sleep for 10ms every flight loop. Adjust the 10 value to suit.

Making gizmo sleep forces X-Plane itself to sleep.

This yields some resources to the OS. The CPU sleeps. The GPU gets to catch a breath and MOST IMPORTANTLY ... the system bus gets a breather.

The Gizmo Shell will ONLY respond to command when its not loading a payware product like IXEG or the Saab.

You can switch to these products after you have entered the sleep command.

9 hours ago, Ben Russell said:
If you have gizmo installed open the Cessna 172, go to the gizmo Shell and paste in this command and press enter:

gizmo.sleep( 10, 1 )

This will make the gizmo plugin sleep for 10ms every flight loop. Adjust the 10 value to suit.

Making gizmo sleep forces X-Plane itself to sleep.

This yields some resources to the OS. The CPU sleeps. The GPU gets to catch a breath and MOST IMPORTANTLY ... the system bus gets a breather.

The Gizmo Shell will ONLY respond to command when its not loading a payware product like IXEG or the Saab.

You can switch to these products after you have entered the sleep command.

I did what you said but nothing changed...after a 2 minute the download speed (I'm trying to download something while using XP) just slows to 0 kb/s.

Thanks

Francesco

Edited by BfrancyFly

14 hours ago, Tchou said:

So, does it means that Gizmo which is loaded, even with none of gizmo related products to run, is taking CPU cycles, making the stuff from the competition run slower ?

Is it possible to make gizmo completely sleep when not using gizmo enabled products ?

No.

It means we're yielding to the operating system from inside the x-plane process.

Why even bother stretching this to wasted cpu cycles? You really think I'd do that to you....  Geeze.

18 hours ago, BfrancyFly said:

That was just a question, because freeing the system bus' , GPU and CPU ressources just by making Gizmo sleep surprised me a bit... that's all.