Sky color bug?

mb339

Interesting guess. ;)

But remains a question:
Why all the designers freeware and payware (including sundog) paint 16 slots with different colors for - dawn - noon - sunset ?

If x-plane visualize only 8 slots for dawn, why lose time to paint 8 slot sunset:huh:
It makes no sense.

In my european flights I do not see sunset.
See only dawn.

I conduct other testing with the "numbered demo texture .png".
I positioned the plane anywhere.... Europe... Alaska... Africa... Australia... America... Asia... in every corner North-Central-South of the planet. 
Result: no sunset! 
Only slots 1 - 8 are visible.
Slots 9 -16 missing.

This story is illogical. :unsure: 

Edited by mb339

Honestly I haven't fiddled with sky colors in awhile, and for some reason I cannot get your video to load....

But I do remember distinct differences in the dawn-dusk textures.......All I can think of, again not watching your video for more info, is 1. Either LR has done something internally to the code. 2. What's presented is based on the skycolor.png blending percentages or 3. I failed to notice what you dug up...

Again though I tested throughly back during the v1 run and I'm surprised by what you are displaying in your infographic.

I'd be interested in what youd dig up if you do a fresh disk install with an old version of xpx....

Edited by JohnMAXX

File to reproduce experiment. ;)

Clic on image with right button mouse, set "save image as", and copy png texture into: X-plane10 / resources / bitmaps / skycolors.

(and/or into: X-plane10 / resources / plugins / silverlining / skycolors / default sky colors  - for use with skymaxx)

sky_colors_clean.png

Edited by mb339