FOV Settings

Richdem

Hi All,

I wonder if  you can help me, I can never quite get the FOV and positioning inside the cockpit quite right. I have messed around so much I am a bit lost lol

I am running a 42" LED TV with a 1920 X 1080 resolution and a current FOV setting of 90. How does the attached screenshot look? I am not sure how much I should be able to see while sitting in the captains seat.

B733_12_zps46wxs9ti.png

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Edited by Richdem

14 hours ago, sizziano said:

Just set it to whatever works for you. I personally have it at 80 and closer to the instruments otherwise it's a bit hard to read the instruments. Don't forget you can move the canera.

Thanks for the reply,

I tried a FOV of 80 and I think I have got it, I must have missed that one lol

I can now see a small white marker by the windscreen wiper from the regular position, is this correct? I hope so because it sure makes hitting the centre line when landing a hell of a lot easier lol

Richard

14 hours ago, Richdem said:

Thanks for the reply,

I tried a FOV of 80 and I think I have got it, I must have missed that one lol

I can now see a small white marker by the windscreen wiper from the regular position, is this correct? I hope so because it sure makes hitting the centre line when landing a hell of a lot easier lol

Richard

Whatever works for you! ^_^

Happy flying, Jan

No, there is no "pipper" for runway or taxiway alignment in the 737. And it would not work in most cases, since usually during an approach there is some crosswind, and also the 737 does not taxi "straight" (it has a slight slack in the wheel castors, so it looks like it is crabbing during taxi)

There is a guide on how to set up the correct seating and head position in the real manual - but there is nothing to help you judge alignment in the lateral position (just sit straight and look straight ahead) ;).

Cheers, Jan

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2016 at 0:25 AM, Maestaru said:

I have mine set to 7556.. This places me close enough to read the numbers without zooming in yet far enough back to see the first two waypoints on the FMS.. Screenshot to follow; working off my ipad right now.

View of 7556.JPG

Thanks for the reply,

Was that setting a typo ? 7556, Can you even set the FOV to this?

Richard

4 hours ago, Maestaru said:

Hi Richard

Not a typo.  I am using X-Plane Settings/ Special Viewing Options/ LFOV.  In conjunction, I set up all my screens using the X-Plane Ctrl + Num process.  This way I end up looking exactly where I want, and the views in all my planes match nums 0-9.

M

Sorry I was having a brain fart yesterday lol