XP10.50 Crashing On Start Up - SkyMaxx Pro

SWM1968

Hello folks,

Since upgrading to 10.50 if I activate real weather in the XP start up menu the sim just crashes and the log text says it crashed because of SkyMaxx Pro.  If I disable real weather and / or use the NOAA plug in I get no issues.

This has only started happening since I upgraded to 10.50.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

Thanks.

Edited by SWM1968

8 minutes ago, SWM1968 said:

Hello folks,

Since upgrading to 10.50 if I activate real weather in the XP start up menu the sim just crashes and the log text says it crashed because of SkyMaxx Pro.  If I disable real weather and / or use the NOAA plug in I get no issues.

This has only started happening since I upgraded to 10.50.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

Thanks.

you should attach your log.txt (not copy/paste, attach)

• Upvote 1

On 10/09/2016 at 6:51 PM, sundog said:

Try deleting your METAR.rwx file and restart X-Plane. There was an issue during one hour yesterday where unusual METAR data was being published by NOAA that caused SMP to crash. You may have been affected by that.

We've fixed the underlying issue for the next update.

I seem to be getting random start up crashes again... is this the same issue?  I have attached my log text.  Many thanks,

Log.txt

9 hours ago, SWM1968 said:

I seem to be getting random start up crashes again... is this the same issue?  I have attached my log text.  Many thanks,

Log.txt

No, this crash is unrelated to SMP/RWC. Your log is inconclusive about the actual cause, but I can tell for sure it's not the same issue discussed in this thread.

There is circumstantial evidence that your "dataref tool" plugin may be to blame. Did you install that recently?

6 hours ago, sundog said:

No, this crash is unrelated to SMP/RWC. Your log is inconclusive about the actual cause, but I can tell for sure it's not the same issue discussed in this thread.

There is circumstantial evidence that your "dataref tool" plugin may be to blame. Did you install that recently?

Yes I did.... will remove it and see if that helps.  Many thanks.