No clouds in 10.50

midi48

Hi,  I have  updated  x-plane  to 10.50  yesterday  and find  I'm not  getting  any  clouds.  When  I download  weather  haze  changes  but  no clouds.  What I have to  do  is disable  skymaxx  in plugins  then  re-enable  then clouds  appear.  Any  ideas  what  is causing the problem?   This happens  when using FSGRW  and x-plane  default  weather. 

20 hours ago, JohnMAXX said:

We have a patch coming very soon that fixes fsgrw and smp/RWC hang tight!

In the meantime you can use smp with real world weather (default)

Actually SMP 3.3.1 and RWC 1.0 works with 10.50 and FSGRW but not in automatic mode. I too in automatic mode see only clear sky but when I change it to "Never (Only read weather datarefs)" then it shows clouds. But that is not great because it then regenerates the weather abruptly instead of nice like the Automatic mode does.

3 hours ago, lanmancz said:

Actually SMP 3.3.1 and RWC 1.0 works with 10.50 and FSGRW but not in automatic mode. I too in automatic mode see only clear sky but when I change it to "Never (Only read weather datarefs)" then it shows clouds. But that is not great because it then regenerates the weather abruptly instead of nice like the Automatic mode does.

"Always" might be a better option for you, for now. It will basically ignore what FSGRW is giving X-Plane for cloud cover in that mode, but you'll at least have complex weather formations with no abrupt changes as you fly.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, sundog said:

"Always" might be a better option for you, for now. It will basically ignore what FSGRW is giving X-Plane for cloud cover in that mode, but you'll at least have complex weather formations with no abrupt changes as you fly.

Oh yeah, that works too. Nice. Thanks.