SkyMaxx Pro v3.3.1 Has Been Released!

Cameron

Hello, all,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 3.3.1 update for SkyMaxx Pro. All customers who have purchased SkyMaxx Pro v3 up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase SkyMaxx Pro v3 from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 3.3.1 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/account_history.php

2. Find your original SkyMaxx Pro 3 download and re-download it. It will download as the latest version!

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

What's New / Changed:

• Performance improvements in specific situations and conditions.

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the update.

Just one problem. I dont get any clouds at all (only Cirrus Layers) with using FSGRW or downloading weather with X-Plane.

Tried to resinstall SkyMaxx 3.3.1
Reset the settings
RWC settings are Automatic (Have tried always also, but same issue)
And I have unchecked Never Change Visible Weahter.

The only way I can get some coulds are when I "set weather uniformly for the whole world" and RWC set to automatic.

Log.txt

Hi,

same issue here, no clouds at all.

I solved this by reinstalling RWC after updating to 3.3.1.

I did a quick test in CYVR where I had FPS issue.... seems good !!!! no more FPS drop with weather of 2016-06-14 20h12... (that was heavy clouds/weather)

Thanks for this quick release of update.

A happy pilot

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tom Stian said:

Thanks for your tip. But I still have the same issue after reinstalling RWC :/

During my test flight I changed some SMP parameters few minutes ago... when applying changes, I had the no clouds issue again.

Reinstalling RWC may not be the fix indeed...

The clouds disepear when I change settings in SMP (click or unclick Clouds Shadows for example)

AND 

FS Global Real Weather as injector at the same time.

When I get no clouds , I can get clouds again by :

- stopping FS Global Real Weather

- In XP : in 'Define global weather for all world' : put clear sky in the 3 clouds layers

- Going back to the sim

- In XP , in 'Download Real Weather' screen, click 'Download the weather from internet'

- Go back to the sim and the clouds appear again

Then, with real weather downloaded by XP (and not FS G R W), I don't have the issue of the disappearing clouds when changing SMP settings.

I have identified an incompatibility between SMP 3.3.1 and FSGRW in the code if you are using RWC.

Working on a fix now. For now, either don't use FSGRW+RWC or stick with 3.3.0.

To summarize: using SMP 3.3.1, FSGRW, and RWC together won't work.

Edited by sundog

Just wanted to say that I appreciate the updates that address performance.  I love SMP, but cannot use it effectively with real weather at the moment on my system because the frame rate drops to 14.  I'll wait until the above issue is resolved before checking the latest performance update.  Cheers

30 minutes ago, okernel said:

Just wanted to say that I appreciate the updates that address performance.  I love SMP, but cannot use it effectively with real weather at the moment on my system because the frame rate drops to 14.  I'll wait until the above issue is resolved before checking the latest performance update.  Cheers

3.3.1 should be perfectly fine if you're not running FSGRW; the upcoming fix is just for FSGRW.

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic