Remote CDU or Comm radio for Android or IOS that works with IXEG 737?

dornier

For the radios i do use the saitek comm radio. You can tune both COMMs, NAVs, XPONDER as well from the hardware panel. Very useful for flying online not to rotate the camera to the pedestal which is very problematic specially during TO & APPROACH.

http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/radio.html

For remote CDU there is a number of people here that uses AirFMC and reporting that works great! You can see on their list that the IXEG bird is fully supported.

http://www.haversine.com/airfmc

I am looking for a remote CDU for an IPAD (have to buy it still) too. It will be much easier and faster for interacting the FMC than the mouse over the virtual CDU, not to rotate the camera zoom in, camera presets, etc. Punching the CDU via mouse is quite slow and boring. Using your fingers tips is much more fun.

I personally did not buy the AirFMC because its cosmetic design was meant for an Airbus and they do not have a scheme paint/lookings for a Boeing still. I hate anything coming from airbus.

IXEG is also considering a solution similar to FF 767, connecting your remote gadget (i.e. ipad) via browser to the simm ip and having the CDU available with no app installed. I have no idea if this feature is still considered, potential time frames. They just said being considering a number of options for remote CDU. Nothing else.

hope this helps

Edited by mmerelles
misspelling

On 9/2/2016 at 10:13 PM, mmerelles said:

For the radios i do use the saitek comm radio. You can tune both COMMs, NAVs, XPONDER as well from the hardware panel. Very useful for flying online not to rotate the camera to the pedestal which is very problematic specially during TO & APPROACH.

http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/radio.html

For remote CDU there is a number of people here that uses AirFMC and reporting that works great! You can see on their list that the IXEG bird is fully supported.

http://www.haversine.com/airfmc

I am looking for a remote CDU for an IPAD (have to buy it still) too. It will be much easier and faster for interacting the FMC than the mouse over the virtual CDU, not to rotate the camera zoom in, camera presets, etc. Punching the CDU via mouse is quite slow and boring. Using your fingers tips is much more fun.

I personally did not buy the AirFMC because its cosmetic design was meant for an Airbus and they do not have a scheme paint/lookings for a Boeing still. I hate anything coming from airbus.

IXEG is also considering a solution similar to FF 767, connecting your remote gadget (i.e. ipad) via browser to the simm ip and having the CDU available with no app installed. I have no idea if this feature is still considered, potential time frames. They just said being considering a number of options for remote CDU. Nothing else.

hope this helps

Thanks for the info.  I purchased the Saitek radio panel and I'm going to try AirFMC.  I just found out that Virtual Avionics is about to release a Boeing like Com and Nav radio.  Depending on their price, I might return the Saitek.  Thanks again, George

• Upvote 1

Virtual Avionics is apparently working on getting their Virtual CDU 737 program to work with the IXEG 737. I bought this a while ago (on Android) for use with PMDG's 737 NGX and I must say it's really nice. Actually, it was so nice I also bought the CDU 777 to use with PMDG's 777. But now I'm on X-Plane only with the IXEG 737... :D

So I hope IXEG can expose the CDU datarefs for Virtual Avionics to complete this project in the not too distant future.

Here's a link to a post of mine on their forum...

http://www.avsim.com/topic/490055-ixeg-737-support/

41 minutes ago, jfjoubert said:

Virtual Avionics is apparently working on getting their Virtual CDU 737 program to work with the IXEG 737. I bought this a while ago (on Android) for use with PMDG's 737 NGX and I must say it's really nice. Actually, it was so nice I also bought the CDU 777 to use with PMDG's 777. But now I'm on X-Plane only with the IXEG 737... :D

So I hope IXEG can expose the CDU datarefs for Virtual Avionics to complete this project in the not too distant future.

Here's a link to a post of mine on their forum...

http://www.avsim.com/topic/490055-ixeg-737-support/

Required datarefs & custom commands are already there and available to anyone. If the virtual avionics CDU is not compatible to the IXEG bird yet it is just about their time frames and priorities not ixeg pending.

I purchased AirFMC and as stated from others, it works great.  I too hope they release an update to match Boeing's CDU color.  The nice thing is that it appears to work with many X-plane payware aircraft.  I also read the post from Virtual Avionics that they are working on supporting IXEG's 737.  I hope that occurs soon.

Thanks to all,

George

1 hour ago, dornier said:

I purchased AirFMC and as stated from others, it works great.  I too hope they release an update to match Boeing's CDU color.  The nice thing is that it appears to work with many X-plane payware aircraft.  I also read the post from Virtual Avionics that they are working on supporting IXEG's 737.  I hope that occurs soon.

Thanks to all,

George

sounds great!

For the saitek radio panel (if you still have it) be sure to install the free xsaitekplugin you do not need any config or fine tuning. Otherwise when turning the dials you may experience some difficult to set desired frequencies easily (by default tends to jump way to fast)

• 2 years later...

For IXEG 737 and X-Plane 11 there is now WebFMC (free version for 738 ZIBO and 739 Ultimate).

It looks promising (adroid, iOS, windows, etc.). Unfortunately, I do not use because I have X-Plane 10 :-(.

Is there a product for IXEG and X-Plane 10 (not iOS) .... ???

Edited by Bulva