MFG Crosswind rudder pedals

Tom Stian

Awesome Tom, 

I've been wondering for some time now if I should invest in the pedals myself. Please do give us an update on your impressions when you've tried them out. I, for one, are certainly curious to find out if they're worth the investment. I use the Saitek Pro Rudders pedals today. With the left toe-brake spring broken, and somewhat "shady" auto-calibration, the handling of the 733, and especially during taxi is quite tricky. 

Looking forward to your report! 

Thanks. 

Torbjørn

I have no experience flying a real aircraft, so I cant compare how they are too the real thing. It would be interesting to know how much force you have to use on the rudder pedals on the real B733.

PP.jpg&w=200&h=200&method=surface&qualit

My previous rudder pedals was the CH Pro Pedals. They was ok back then, but havent been using them for many years. So before I got the MFG Crosswind rudder pedals I was using my joystick for the rudders, by twisting.

velikaslika.png

The MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals looks like a beast. I had to wait 2 months to get them.
When they arrived I had to assemble them. Was pretty easy with the video they provided.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX2cPKJ6yeo

The MFG pedals dont use any potentiometers, but using contactless magnetic sensors. A problem I had with my CH Pro Pedals was that over time I got a lot of spikes, so they almost got useless for me. With the MFG pedals you wont get that. So they should last for much longer (i hope).

The pedals feels very smooth to use. You dont have to use any additional force to push them out of center position.
Its possible to adjust the center postion force by buying additional centering "CAM" profiles. (Check out the homepage)

Im very happy with my new pedals.
After some more testing I will do some adjustments. I know for sure that I will adjust the angle of the pedals. So it will be easier for me to use the brakes.
I also want to mount the pedals to something to make them a bit more stable.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Tom Stian said:

I have no experience flying a real aircraft, so I cant compare how they are too the real thing. It would be interesting to know how much force you have to use on the rudder pedals on the real B733.

As a general rule, after flying two single-engine departures your leg on the live engine side should shake and hurt...;)

Jan

• Upvote 1