Plane icon on XP10 flight map

SchneiH2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've never seen that before so I'm only guesssing.. but... that symbol "reflects" the overhead profile of the aircraft you have loaded.  It's possible you have objects and/or textures "missing" or transparent, etc. that is causing your aircraft to not be "visible".  Can you see shadows of the aircraft on the ground?

Also, turn off your Gizmo scripts and check the local map.  It's possible your OpenGL is not written correctly and interfering with drawing in the sim.

Edited by JGregory

Hi Jim

Strange thing! First of all you seem to be right regarding the shadow checking. I noticed that I did not select 'shadow mode' for the acf objects in PlaneMaker. Having corrected this the icon is now visible. However, no shadow from the plane can be seen!? Any idea why.

Thanks up fornt for help.
Best regards

SHJ

2016-10-01_172800.png

Hi Jim

Thank you for the answer. Everything seems to be fine now since I have noticed that in the XP10 settings the shadow mode was not set correctly (changed 'overlay' to '3D on acf').

Using the opportunty of writing this post perhaps I can ask you for a short but very basic answer/hint. As I have started a next project (MC21) I am wondering whether it is necessary to model in PlaneMaker objects when I intent to use only objects which are created in Blender, i.e. is any modelling in PlaneMaker however required to provide flight characteristics etc.for the plane?

Thank you again very much and best regards

SHJ

2016-10-02_154909.png

2016-10-02_154402.png