SkyMaxx Pro 3.2.2 Installer Problem Mac

JP-FL

Hi guys, thank you for this amazing software.

After a recent re-installation of X-Plane on my Mac, I experienced problems installing SkyMaxx Pro 3.2.2. 

I understand that my situation/configuration is unusual, but you will probably encounter the same problem in future. So, why don't fix int now? ;) My non typical situation is that the OS that I am running is Sierra Developer Beta 6. 

The error message that I got is the following:

"There has been an error.
Installer payload initialization failed. This is likely due to
an incomplete or corrupt downloaded file " (please see 
also screen in attachment)

I have downloaded it again, as suggested, but the situation is unchanged. I've installed it before on a different OS, and I had no problems at all. So I was thinking may be is the different OS causing the issue.

Do you have any idea/suggestion how to fix this so that I can still enjoy the beauty of this software?

I thank you in advance for your help and support. :)

Giuseppe

Screen Shot 2016-08-17 at 7.09.54 PM.jpg

Thanks Cameron for your quick reply.

I thoughts could be something easy, like OS check version inside the installer, so easy to fix. If not, I will be waiting till the Gold Master to install it again. 

Are you going to notify some change or you thing that you will be releasing an update for this?

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I solved this problem following the instruction of our friend "atarieurope" (please read above).

He wrote: 

Try unzipping the SkyMaxx download with Stuffit Expander and then install.

The built in archive utility on Mac was corrupting the installer. Switched to Stuffit and it installed fine. 

Stuffit Expander is a free software, an alternative to the compress utility included in OS X. It works perfectly allowing you to install SkyMaxx Pro.

Enjoy it! ;)

Edited by GiuseppeFTS

I'm on Sierra and have this problem but have maxed out my allowed downloads. Can this be reset for my account so I can try using Stuff it expander?

Thanks

Again, even with a reset download you will almost assuredly not be able to run the software in X-Plane at this time.

Give us the time to truly fix this and we'll keep everyone informed.

On 24/09/2016 at 0:36 AM, Cameron said:

Again, even with a reset download you will almost assuredly not be able to run the software in X-Plane at this time.

Give us the time to truly fix this and we'll keep everyone informed.

I'm getting the same error on RWC on Sierra.

I'm assuming that aside from the installer problem Skymaxx itself will not work on sierra?

@Cameron I just purchased the CRJ-200 from X-Aviation and am getting the same problem with the installer. Generally very satisfied with your business and think you do a fine job. My only comment here is to ask why you are accepting sales knowing that the products can't be used and with no communications or warning of the known issues with Sierra? I understand and appreciate the hard work that has to go into reworking compatibility for products purchased through the business PRIOR to the public release of Sierra (@Ben Russell is doing a great job with Gizmo and communicating extremely well in the forums/social media and asking for patience is fair and reasonable) but X-Aviation shouldn't be accepting money from customers knowing that they won't be able to use the products. That's not really fair or ethical. You should really shut that channel down until you have a working solution or at least provide a warning step in the purchase process. How far away are you from a solution? Are you going to offer refunds until you have solved the issues?

Edited by Daniel Blackmore

@Cameron I just purchased the CRJ-200 from X-Aviation and am getting the same problem with the installer. Generally very satisfied with your business and think you do a fine job. My only comment here is to ask why you are accepting sales knowing that the products can't be used and with no communications or warning of the known issues with Sierra? I understand and appreciate the hard work that has to go into reworking compatibility for products purchased through the business PRIOR to the public release of Sierra (@Ben Russell is doing a great job with Gizmo and communicating extremely well in the forums/social media and asking for patience is fair and reasonable) but X-Aviation shouldn't be accepting money from customers knowing that they won't be able to use the products. That's not really fair or ethical. You should really shut that channel down until you have a working solution or at least provide a warning step in the purchase process. How far away are you from a solution? Are you going to offer refunds until you have solved the issues?

Feel free to write in to support@x-aviation.com to request a refund. As per our policy, non-activated products will be happily refunded without issue!

Back in 2010 I had to reformat a Mac Book Pro.

I went to the Apple Authorised Reseller.

I bought an original DVD copy of Mac OSX in shrink wrap for about $40 retail.

I noted on the side in black and white the System Requirements were basically a Mac with a DVD drive of appropriate vintage.

I took the disk home and inserted it into my MBP, it chimed, started to boot and froze.

Solid.

From a $7 billion company.

Upon taking this disc back to the store they informed me that a MBP requires a copy of the disc it came with to boot as it has customised drivers.

I kindly pointed out to them the black and white printing on the side of the disc I had bought in good faith.

...It took them quite a lot of "convincing" to give me my money back.

THAT is a complete sham. While our situation is not ideal it is by no means isolated.

We're working in good faith. The info is easily available if you take the time to look for it.

Unlike my dealings with Apple the information is NOT a complete blatant utter bare faced internationally executed LIE.

Now, if you don't mind... I'll be back to working on getting us all an update as soon as possible.

(Funny how the bigger you are the more bs you can get away with in the world. See every big corp ever.)

Edited by Ben Russell