Flap handle anomaly after replay

jfjoubert

Hi, this is one of those "funnies" where I just happened to come across this by pure accident... or out of stupidity. :P

I can get the flap handle to "dislodge" from the detents and then I can do 360 degree loops with the handle... :blink:

To reproduce do the following:

Load the IXEG in "Ready to fly" state. Set flaps to 40 degrees. Press Alt-R to enter replay mode. Now press 1 to move flaps to 30 degrees. Now press 2 twice. You will hear the clicks but the handle won't move in replay mode. Now exit replay mode by pressing Alt-R again. You will notice the handle will move one detent past the 40 degrees position. Now you can keep on pressing 2 and the handle will rotate all the way around. If you keep it in the normal range for a while you will hear another click after which normal operation might return, if you're lucky... otherwise a Gizmo reboot is the only solution. The same applies in reverse... Flap handle at 0 degrees... go into replay mode... press 2 and then 1 twice and exit replay mode. Handle will now move one notch lower than 0 degrees. You get the idea...

The reverse method also produces a Gizmo soft crash when you try to move the handle further away by pressing 1. After this a Gizmo reboot won't even work... you will have to reload the aircraft from the X-Plane menu.

B733_17.png

So what I'm trying to say here is... don't do it.

Just thought I'd mention it. ;)

GizmoLog.txt