Sooooo, How Goes The Update?

HamSammich

21 minutes ago, Pinky Ponk said:

Yeh, can not use the aircraft in the current state, FMC is buggy as heck, MCP too.  But I'm patient, rather they take there time than rush!

I enjoying the aircraft alot (with many others). 

I agree that the VNAV is not optimal. But what is wrong with the MCP ? 

Edited by Tom Stian
  • Upvote 1

We are working on the next update, alot of bugs have been fixed and new cool stuff implemented.  Things have been a bit slow the last few weeks - family's demanding priority after a hectic winter and spring.  So we'll be back on track again soon :)

29 minutes ago, Pinky Ponk said:

Yeh, can not use the aircraft in the current state, FMC is buggy as heck, MCP too. 

You mind sharing with us what you believe is buggy on the MCP and why you cannot use the aircraft??

M

Edited by Morten
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Morten said:

We are working on the next update, alot of bugs have been fixed and new cool stuff implemented.  Things have been a bit slow the last few weeks - family's demanding priority after a hectic winter and spring.  So we'll be back on track again soon :)

You mind sharing with us what you believe is buggy on the MCP and why you cannot use the aircraft??

M

M,

See my post here about the VOR issues,

Since 1.07 I have only tried 2 flights, both impossible to complete.  Before 1.07 it was much more solid.

By MCP problems I mean problems with the autopilot.  On any flight I try, I can not input a basic flight plan in to the FMC, any selection of STAR causes the FMC to crash,  then various buttons become inactive and the route can not by executed.  I have never been able to save and load FMC routes already made, not sure if this is a known restriction.

After every take off, the white box with code error from the FMC pops up, usually at around 100ft during climb out. 

During climb. eg 1000ft Vnav disables (with no warning) and then vs won't engange, MCP speed is stuck on mach, a lot of button pressing and it goes to knots eventually.  Occasionally Level change will work, but I find that even in full manual mode and level flight at 8000ft for example, I can never get the autopilot on in speed hold, heading hold and alt hold.  Alt hold simply wont engage, the vsi just falls away.  When I can't get this lady to fly straight and level in any MCP mode, then I need to put her in the hanger for a while. 

I unistalled it, then ran the 1.00 installed, it downloads files from the net so I guess it installs as 1.07.  I tried another flight, same problems.  Happy to wait on 1.08.

I had done around 15 other flights previous to 1.07 with only small issues so I presume it's the update, not saying I am using the MCP perfectly but there seems to be some issues.

Happy to try any suggestions, happy to wait on the patch :)

Edited by Pinky Ponk

^^ This.

I had similar experience with 1.0.7. Compared to previous versions a lot more soft crashes, in at least 3/4 of my flights. In the end I put it aside for now as I grew tired and frustrated of that. The last working and pretty stable version for me was 1.0.3 (or 4?) I think - before the prog page and new vnav was implemented. With that version I finished a couple dozen flights without an issue. So I am also anxiously waiting for update so I can fly the 733 again. I love the plane, but not in this state.

51 minutes ago, Pinky Ponk said:

Since 1.07 I have only tried 2 flights, both impossible to complete.  Before 1.07 it was much more solid.

By MCP problems I mean problems with the autopilot.  On any flight I try, I can no input a basic flight plan in to the FMC, any selection of STAR causes the FMC to crash, buttons become inactive, route can not by executed.  I have never been able to save and load FMC routes already made, not sure if this is a known restriction.

After every take off, the white box with code error from the FMC pops up, usually at around 100ft during climb out. 

During climb, Vnav disable (with no warning), vs won't engange, MCP speed is stuck on mach, a lot of button pressing and it goes to knots eventually.  I find that even in full manual mode and level flight at 8000ft for example, I can never get the autopilot on in speed hold, heading hold and alt hold.  Alt hold simply wont engage, the vsi just falls away.  When I can't get this lady to fly straight and level in any MCP mode, then I need to put her in the hanger for a while. 

I unistalled it, then ran the 1.00 installed, it downloads files from the net so I guess it installs as 1.07.  I tried another flight, same problems.  Happy to wait on 1.08.

I had done around 15 other flights previous to 1.07 with only small issues so I presume it's the update, not saying I am using the MCP perfectly but there seems to be some issues.

Happy to try any suggestions, happy to wait on the patch :)

If you get a Gizmo soft crash (the white box), the rest of the aircrafts system can be unstable or not work at all.
So if a FMC operation results in a gizmo soft crash it can make the MCP fail to work as intended.
The best thing is to reboot gizmo after a crash and start all over. (And report the errors in the support forum)

I would like to see what you are doing to get the gizmo soft crash on every take off.
Make a video from where you start programming the FMC (perf, route etc) and til the crash.
Maybe we can help you :)

As Morten mentioned, we are in a bit of a "rebound" for the families.  Its summer, I have 3 kids in college, with associated moving and orientations and such, etc.....I know the rest of the team is taking some time for their family vacations as well.  School starts in a week though here in the US and the routine will start to return I expect....those with school age kids may relate :P  ... maybe not as fast as the hot-fixes after the release, but getting back to improvements and such for sure.  We still have a list to chase no doubt.

-tkyler

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, tkyler said:

As Morten mentioned, we are in a bit of a "rebound" for the families.  Its summer, I have 3 kids in college, with associated moving and orientations and such, etc.....I know the rest of the team is taking some time for their family vacations as well.  School starts in a week though here in the US and the routine will start to return I expect....those with school age kids may relate :P  ... maybe not as fast as the hot-fixes after the release, but getting back to improvements and such for sure.  We still have a list to chase no doubt.

-tkyler

I totally understand as I have 2 kids myself.  Oh and by the way, if you have a dog, you can relate to this! LOL  Video showing VOR tracking issue and bad dog  lol

https://www.twitch.tv/raflyer/v/84406873

I know the situation, when my 3 year old daughter sleeps better, I can take videos, post in the bug forum etc etc :)

No complaints from me, I haven't put much effort in to fixing it, maybe I should not presume its all to do with 1.07.

Thanks for all the help, I will have a closer look as soon as possible.

Cheers

Iain

Just checking in to see if the cabin will be updated in the next update. The lack of any cabin lighting is really driving me nuts to the point where I can't fly this at night.

Also working doors would be great. If you're doing a full revamp of the cabin it might be worthwhile to do the cargo/combi variant as well.

No, the text hasn't changed since I last read it.

In 10.50 you can add scroll wheel to any of the existing manipulators that takes one dataref. This is done via a second directive that sets the amount the dataref changes when the wheel moves.

I'm afraid that's pretty clear.

Still, I think (hope?) this should be easy to implement as long as they use default X-Plane manipulators.

On 8/21/2016 at 7:19 AM, jonfrederickl said:

I can't see how it stops you flying at night? It will probably come later.

If you fly, chances are you'll use an external view to occasionally look at things and admire at the aircraft. I do it quite a lot on the ground and in cruise, it's instinctive and I can't help myself. With the IXEG however whenever I switch to an external view I get a reminder that this addon is unfinished, and I'm flying a ghost 737. It really breaks the immersion.

How difficult is it for IXEG to simply light up the cabin? Practically all freeware aircraft (discounting the unfinished ones) have cabin night lighting. A $75 payware addon should have one too.

How difficult is it for IXEG to simply light up the cabin? Practically all freeware aircraft (discounting the unfinished ones) have cabin night lighting. A $75 payware addon should have one too.

To do it right? Difficult.

If you've read anything about this project then you'll understand the entire cabin is slated for a makeover. Adding detail to an area that is destined for destruction and re-do is not productive.

In due time. I for one am happy emphasis was put on the systems first. That would have totally broken the immersion for me. Living without detailed cabin lighting for exterior view pleasure is okay with me for the time being. :)

Having said all this, I should add that aside from on ground, cabin lights are traditionally kept OFF at night during flight. Part of this is to not only assist sleep, but also to allow eyes to adjust during critical phases of flight in case of emergency.

• Upvote 7

13 hours ago, avantime said:

If you fly, chances are you'll use an external view to occasionally look at things and admire at the aircraft. I do it quite a lot on the ground and in cruise, it's instinctive and I can't help myself. With the IXEG however whenever I switch to an external view I get a reminder that this addon is unfinished, and I'm flying a ghost 737. It really breaks the immersion.

Maybe it's because they don't want to waste time adding lights to the Cabin when soon it's soon going to have a complete make-over... seems pointless to me to make something then scrap it in a few months time.

Anyway, wouldn't you prefer time goes into the systems and FMC? IRL pilots don't have an external view.

Edited by jonfrederickl
  • Upvote 2

On 8/26/2016 at 6:33 PM, Cameron said:

In due time. I for one am happy emphasis was put on the systems first. That would have totally broken the immersion for me. Living without detailed cabin lighting for exterior view pleasure is okay with me for the time being. :)

Agree.  Systems, systems, systems.  Visual trinkets are nice in time, but I want the flight deck to be right.

Tim

• Upvote 2