Crash "parsing METAR"

gpb500

Thank you for capturing the offending METAR.rwx. Based on the reports it seems this was only an issue for one hour's worth of published METAR data. As before, the problem is a bug inside the METAR parsing library we're using from NOAA, and as before, I've patched it so this particular problem won't happen again once our next update of SMP goes out.

The culprit this time was KGRK:

KGRK 152107Z 04010KT 3SM RA BR SCT010 BKN014 OVC024 22/21 A3001 RMK AO2A CIG 014V024 BKN V SCT CIG 012

That final "CIG" (ceiling height) entry is what did it in. The NOAA code didn't handle the case of this being the last thing in the entry (but it will now that I've fixed it...)

If anyone is still having trouble launching X-Plane, just delete your METAR.rwx file in your X-Plane installation folder, and that should clear it up for now.

Sorry for the trouble, everyone.

Edited by sundog
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, gpb500 said:

KGRK?  Interesting...I was starting at Twentynine Palms.  I'd be highly impressed if you were painting clouds across 3 states while giving me 30+ fps. ;)

We actually parse the entire world's weather at startup, so you don't get any stutters when you fly into a new area!