FYI problem after upgrading to macOS Sierra

XPlanePort

IXEG Team, this is for your information only (I purposely use Betas to discover problems):

After upgrading to the latest public Beta macOS Sierra (refer to the attached screenshot for OS details):

Screen Shot 2016-08-12 at 11.36.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-08-12 at 11.21.04 AM.png

, looks like Gizno is not working. Please see attached X-Plane screenshot:

Screen Shot 2016-08-12 at 11.02.26 AM.png

Menu is not showing on the right.

I tried removing all X-Aviation files (folders) from X-Plane folder, Gizmo from plugins folder.

Reinstalled IXEG 737 and reapplied the latest HotFix 1.0.7. I did not get activation window for IXEG after selecting the plane in X-Plane. The problem did not go away.

If you have any suggestions (other than do not install Betas :)) please let me know.

Thank you!

Edited by XPlanePort

26 minutes ago, JGregory said:

I'll let the IXEG guys answer for their part of this, but, isn't Mac OS Sierra still in beta?  If so, I would think that all bets are off with regard to X-Plane until Apple releases Sierra to the public as being final.

"isn't Mac OS Sierra still in beta?"

It is, and this is why I'm not complainig :):

"IXEG Team, this is for your information only (I purposely use Betas to discover problems)"

and this

"If you have any suggestions (other than do not install Betas :)) please let me know."

Not a problem. Not asking to support your products on untested (Beta) OS.

This is why the disclaimer: "IXEG Team, this is for your information only (I purposely use Betas to discover problems)"

So, this is just an FYI (since I came across this). Just trying to help.

• Upvote 1

Not a problem. Not asking to support your products on untested (Beta) OS.

This is why the disclaimer: "IXEG Team, this is for your information only (I purposely use Betas to discover problems)"

So, this is just an FYI (since I came across this). Just trying to help.

And I'm responding to the part where you asked for suggestions.

I would say it is Not a good idea, if the Web Driver i use (also Beta :)) was not specifically made for the Sierra Beta.

I did try with default Sierra video drivers, same result.

I am ok with this not working on my test system (running Beta OS, Beta Driver, Beta X-Plane: The perfect Beta! :D).

10 hours ago, XPlanePort said:

(running Beta OS, Beta Driver, Beta X-Plane: The perfect Beta! :D).

More like the perfect storm.  Developers do not usually diagnose problems or debug code in their aircraft if it is being run in beta software.  Too many variables to deal with.  That's why it is unlikely you will get any "suggestions".

23 hours ago, JGregory said:

More like the perfect storm.

And this is what I meant.

I am sorry for starting this topic. It was only meant to provide developers with information and to give me an advice to fix this ((ONLY if there is a very simple way for me to fix this (taking into account the software/hardware configuration provided))).

The topic was not meant to start a lecture on Beta software and its dangers.

Sorry and thanks everyone for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth it looks like there is something broken in macOS Sierra with CURL which is impacting Gizmo. I've tried a few things to see if I could correct it but not knowledgeable enough to get into the plumbing and see what Apple broke/changed. I also had some installs that hung. Joys of using betas! I'm looking forward to Sierra going GM so the teams have a stable platform to work out any remaining issues.

On 8/15/2016 at 3:41 PM, XPlanePort said:

And this is what I meant.

I am sorry for starting this topic. It was only meant to provide developers with information and to give me an advice to fix this ((ONLY if there is a very simple way for me to fix this (taking into account the software/hardware configuration provided))).

The topic was not meant to start a lecture on Beta software and its dangers.

Sorry and thanks everyone for your help.

i totally understand you. instead of saying "thank you we'll take a look into it when the time is ready" you get bashed or criticised for providing somehow helpful information and to be honest this is really unprofessional.

you don't have to be sorry. you helped me to figure out where the problem lays and where i have to look deeper into it and maybe i'm able to fix it since i know where to look at.

Infos like you provided are really helpfull so thank you :)

Edited by Jaessr666

i totally understand you. instead of saying "thank you we'll take a look into it when the time is ready" you get bashed or criticised for providing somehow helpful information and to be honest this is really unprofessional.

you don't have to be sorry. you helped me to figure out where the problem lays and where i have to look deeper into it and maybe i'm able to fix it since i know where to look at.

Infos like you provided are really helpfull so thank you [emoji4]

Uh, what?

And as an aside, what do you feel you learned from xplaneport in this topic?

11 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Uh, what?

And as an aside, what do you feel you learned from xplaneport in this topic?

i'm not talking about you i'm talking about xplaneport having to say sorry for starting a topic about this and there are several other discussions here on x-pilot in general with the same thing happening.

this is supposed to be a community where each one helps each other and if someon feels free to test betas with current products and adresses issues as "fyi" he should be able to do so.

maybe there are other users with the same problem and already found a solution. 

besides that it's always good to know what problems may be coming towards one when the GM is going to be releases. it may be fixed in the gm or it may not be fixed. you never know....

for your question

i've learned to take a deeper look into where curl library targets are set since there seems to be a adressing issue. the routine which failed to execute is one of the very base routines of the libcurl

Edited by Jaessr666
  • Upvote 1

i'm not talking about you i'm talking about xplaneport having to say sorry for starting a topic about this and there are several other discussions here on x-pilot in general with the same thing happening.

this is supposed to be a community where each one helps each other and if someon feels free to test betas with current products and adresses issues as "fyi" he should be able to do so.

maybe there are other users with the same problem and already found a solution. 

besides that it's always good to know what problems may be coming towards one when the GM is going to be releases. it may be fixed in the gm or it may not be fixed. you never know....

for your question

i've learned to take a deeper look into where curl library targets are set since there seems to be a adressing issue. the routine which failed to execute is one of the very base routines of the libcurl

To be very blunt: we do not WANT to condone people running our software in beta operating systems. There are many people who do not understand the consequences of this.

This topic is very on point. People should not be doing this, and we're more than glad to state such a thing.

10 hours ago, Cameron said:

To be very blunt: we do not WANT to condone people running our software in beta operating systems. There are many people who do not understand the consequences of this.

This topic is very on point. People should not be doing this, and we're more than glad to state such a thing.

Cameron, you are correct one many occasions..., but:

If this is your logic, then what about us flying different routes and doing things with the plane that should not be done in the real world, trying to brake things and then provide the IXEG team with all the bugs, so they can be fixed?

Following your logic, I think you should have provided us with set of instructions on what one should do or not do with the plane, to avoid all the gizmo crashes and all the other problems (Provide us with all the routes, button clicks, etc., that beta testers did.)

Anyway, I love the product and the team (as previously stated) and have no problems waiting for the OS to be GM and IXEG providing the fix and all the other fixes and improvements. But, this is not the first time I see you attack others who are trying to help. I know, it’s your baby you are trying to protect…

Edited by XPlanePort

We are off course thankful for the information that Sierra causes issues, might give us a head start in solving it and warn other users that are considering doing the same :) 

As long as everyone understands that installing X-Plane beta's, OS beta's, new 3rd party plugins etc always comes with a risk with regard to the 737 not functioning properly, feel free to do so.  We will off course do what we can to solve whatever it is, but it might take some time depending on what the issue is.  So if you are a 737 addict, let the "beta addicts" have a go before you update yourself :P 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, XPlanePort said:

If this is your logic, then what about us flying different routes and doing things with the plane that should not be done in the real world, trying to brake things and then provide the IXEG team with all the bugs, so they can be fixed?

You're grasping at straws here. Quite literally.

Following your logic, I think you should have provided us with set of instructions on what one should do or not do with the plane, to avoid all the gizmo crashes and all the other problems (Provide us with all the routes, button clicks, etc., that beta testers did.)

My answer to this is simple: RTFM. Seriously, the manuals and tutorial videos included in this product provide this. But, again, you're really just trying to find something to argue about at this point, which is poor.

But, this is not the first time I see you attack others who are trying to help. I know, it’s your baby you are trying to protect…

I'm not attacking anyone at all. I am making a very clear stance that we do not suggest nor condone utilizing our software in non-stable operating systems. We have enough variables at play, and as soon as you go making the core of your operating system unstable, all bets are off for assistance. We have thousands of other customers UNLIKE you (meaning whomever installs a beta OS) who need our assistance, so upgrading our systems to a beta OS is not beneficial in any way whatsoever. 

8 minutes ago, Cameron said:

You're grasping at straws here. Quite literally.

Sure.

8 minutes ago, Cameron said:

My answer to this is simple: RTFM. Seriously, the manuals and tutorial videos included in this product provide this. But, again, you're really just trying to find something to argue about at this point, which is poor.

I am ok with the answer. Wander what other users (that are Reading TFM and finding bugs) think.

20 minutes ago, Cameron said:

We have thousands of other customers UNLIKE you (meaning whomever installs a beta OS) who need our assistance, so upgrading our systems to a beta OS is not beneficial in any way whatsoever. 

The post was not desperate call for help to waste your time, it was FYI for the team, to be aware of this, and for users 

34 minutes ago, Morten said:

737 addict

to 
35 minutes ago, Morten said:

let the "beta addicts" have a go before you update yourself

20 minutes ago, XPlanePort said:

I am ok with the answer. Wander what other users (that are Reading TFM and finding bugs) think.

They're not the one's trying to flame this thread, now are they?

20 minutes ago, XPlanePort said:

The post was not desperate call for help to waste your time, it was FYI for the team, to be aware of this, and for users 

It was....until you went the extra mile to turn it into something else: