What Yoke do you utilize?

N55E008

If you go for a quality made yoke, you have only a few choices. I would go for a Precision Flight Controls Yoke

(perhaps you can find an Elite Yoke on ebay, same thing).

One thing I can really recommend is the Thurstmaster Warthog. You might want to grease the whole

ball bearing and protect it with a dust cover when not in use - other than that it feels heavy, precise and sturdy.

No comparison to the Saitek Yoke (I dont like them, too flimsy)!

On 8/11/2016 at 5:27 AM, N55E008 said:

Hi there.

I'm curious which yokes are used most commonly here? 

I for myself use the Saitek Proflight Yoke, however I'm not really satisfied, as the yoke is pretty unprecise and mechanically not the best choice. 

Regards,

T

Have you tried the well documented modification to remove the springs and awful detent from the Saitek Pro?

I gave mine to my son when I got an X-55 Rhino. I was thinking of borrowing it again to revisit the mod and see what it's like.

I was also looking at maybe one of the CH yokes but I am not sure if they're much better. I'd love a Yoko but wifey might have something to say about me dropping $1,200 CDN on it :(

Edited by Richdem

11 hours ago, Richdem said:

Have you tried the well documented modification to remove the springs and awful detent from the Saitek Pro?

I gave mine to my son when I got an X-55 Rhino. I was thinking of borrowing it again to revisit the mod and see what it's like.

I was also looking at maybe one of the CH yokes but I am not sure if they're much better. I'd love a Yoko but wifey might have something to say about me dropping $1,200 CDN on it :(

Could you provide me with a link to the mod you've meant?

Found several mods at google, all with different approaches.

Thank you & best regards!

8 hours ago, N55E008 said:

Could you provide me with a link to the mod you've meant?

Found several mods at google, all with different approaches.

Thank you & best regards!

There are numerous ones out there, best to choose the one that best suits your ability. The rubber band mod is slightly easier than replacing the springs but will need changing more frequently