IXEG 737 - Output Datarefs?

Jozer12

Hi everyone,

After flying around in the 733 a fair bit over the past few months i fell completely in love and want to build a cockpit based on it. Now the IXEG team have been great to document the input datarefs for the aircraft enabling you to connect real world switches, but the output part is missing, i want to be able to connect some real world indicators but there are no datarefs available for them as far as i can tell.

I would really love to make a full cockpit with IXEG and this is one of the many hurdles.

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Edited by Jozer12

5 hours ago, TheFriedchicken said:

I found this also, I wanted to have my Master Caution and Fire warn switches light up, but i could not find the data refs for them. So sad. :(

I know! Its as if they only wanted to tease us with possibilities of being able to make a cockpit with the inputs :P

The master caution dataref was miscategorized under bleedair datarefs so I appreciate it was hard to find: ixeg/733/bleedair/caution_master_ann

Master fire warning dataref is ixeg/733/firewarning/fire_warning_ann

We have a lot of output datarefs really - any needle you see move mechanically in the cockpit is driven by a dataref. The same goes for all 'bulb' annuciators. If there's anything you are still missing, I'd like to suggest that interested cockpit builders cooperate on a wish list of things they would like datarefs for and we will see if it can be accomodated in future patches.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Nils said:

The master caution dataref was miscategorized under bleedair datarefs so I appreciate it was hard to find: ixeg/733/bleedair/caution_master_ann

We have a lot of output datarefs really - any needle you see move mechanically in the cockpit is driven by a dataref. The same goes for all 'bulb' annuciators. If there's anything you are still missing, I'd like to suggest that interested cockpit builders cooperate on a wish list of things they would like datarefs for and we will see if it can be accomodated in future patches.

Hi Nils thanks for the reply,

I think rather than there being no documented output datarefs I must have confised the input and outputs, is there any easy way which i can distinguish between the two?

And i would love to have a list of every out and in there is so i can replicate it in real life, that would be amazing.

Okay cool, so a specific question, say i wanted a bunch of landing gear indicators, i could use the standard xplane datarefs for the gear position but could i just use these:

ixeg/733/misc/gear_release_right_act

ixeg/733/misc/gear_release_left_act

ixeg/733/misc/gear_release_nose_act 

I want to have my indicators work when the actual ones on the MIP turn on

30 minutes ago, Jozer12 said:

Okay cool, so a specific question, say i wanted a bunch of landing gear indicators, i could use the standard xplane datarefs for the gear position but could i just use these:

ixeg/733/misc/gear_release_right_act

ixeg/733/misc/gear_release_left_act

ixeg/733/misc/gear_release_nose_act 

I want to have my indicators work when the actual ones on the MIP turn on

Please re-read my post above, "_act" means the dataref is used for input. The one's you wish to use for the gear down annunciators are:

ixeg/733/gear/gear_left_green_ann 
ixeg/733/gear/gear_left_red_ann
ixeg/733/gear/gear_nose_green_ann 
ixeg/733/gear/gear_nose_red_ann 
ixeg/733/gear/gear_right_green_ann  
ixeg/733/gear/gear_right_red_ann  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Nils said:

Thank you :D:D:D

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, jeffrey8608 said:

What is the way to assign outputs? is it possible with Arduino? for example with mobiflight?

There are a few ways to do so, e.g. ARDsim is good & for free, an older one would be Teensy with the plugin.

I'm using Air Manager, good support by a very friendly team, ongoing development, fits P3D too

and best of all - you can develop your own instruments with it.

I did it a long time ago, but now the interface has changed. It's more

like plug&play now, while the code is harder to read, it can be all automated by the configurator:

http://simvim.com/ardsimx/config.html

In Air Manager the code for the gear-down-LED would look like this:

-- LEDs // Gear
gear_led = hw_led_add("ARDUINO_MEGA2560_A_D10", 0) -- define the pin which has the LED
function gear_down_xp(position) -- name of function that controls the LED
	print(position) -- just for debugging
	if position[1] == 1 then -- this is FLOAT
		hw_led_set(gear_led, 1) -- turn LED on
	else
		hw_led_set(gear_led, 0) -- gear not out, turn LED off
	end
end
xpl_dataref_subscribe( "sim/flightmodel2/gear/deploy_ratio" , "FLOAT[10]" , gear_down_xp)