Skymaxx I understand you're hungry... But don't eat my fps!

tolix

On 19/08/2016 at 6:12 AM, xXNightEagleXx said:

I'm still having fps drop whenever I cross the clouds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 19/08/2016 at 3:45 PM, xXNightEagleXx said:

I don't know if this can be helpful but the higher the draw area the higher the drop only when crossing clouds, obviously after about 16000 km i start to experience frame drops even when not crossing the clouds.

I did a post in june about same type of issue (http://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/10694-skymaxx-pro-v32-has-been-released/?do=findComment&comment=106825)

Even with display settings to minimum and no custom sceneries, I had a drop in frame rate when entering the clouds / and or with high cloud visibility range.

My test case was with 5 layers of clouds and my conclusion was that x-plane/SMP was not able to manage so many clouds : even with settings to minimumsI had FPS issues with clouds.

Yesterday I had same FPS issue with only one cloud layer. By setting the weather to user defined, then setting no cloud layers, flying few seconds to go back to go fps, then setting again weather manager by FSGRW, I could get good FPS setting (not as good as previouly)

I don't know if FSGRW may be a culprit or not. Are you using it ? Has anyone FPS issues using x-plane real weather as weather injector only ?

45 minutes ago, xXNightEagleXx said:

Excuse me how do you change the amount of layers?

In the weather menu, clic 'set weather uniformly for the while world'.

In this screen in the upper left frame you have 'cloud top', cloud 'base' and a drop down list (you have this 3 times for 3 layers).

In the 3 drop down lists, select 'Clear' : il will clear all your cloud layers.

Then Go back flying until all your clouds diseapear and your FPS increased.

Then Go to the weather menu again and select back 'Grab real world weather' on the top line of the screen.

This is not a solution to the issue. This is a simple workaround to try to end your your flight in good conditions :-)

(note : another workaround could be to disable the SMP and RWC plugins and enable them back. I've not tested this).