Drone experts look here!!

Tom Knudsen

Cameron tipped me to ask you @Ben Russell if you might have an idea on my issue.

Posting the issue here, in case others may have any solutions.

Ok here is my drone specs

Dji S550 Hexacopter Frame

TBS Discovery 900kv v2 engines (same as T-motor MT 2216-11 900kv v2.0) 

T-motors Carbon Fiber 10x3,3 prop.

DJI Nasa V2 controller and Dji Mini OSD

Tattu 4 cells - 6000mAh. (XT60)
Powerfilter (not sure what brand)

Dji Zenmuse H3-3D Gimbal
Immersion 600mv 5,8 ghz transmitter with antenna
Immersion RC Uno 5800 v2 reciever

Reydymade RC 7" monitor

Ok, so here is the issue?

Normally, well in most cases 6/8 the flight is good, no problem. But I have had now two crashes that I cannot explain. The drone had two time now gone apeshit where

it does a kinda backflip before it drops like a bag of potatoe and crashes. With the last crash it broke both my H3-3D gimbal (upper plate) and both my retractable skids, two arms and etc.

Anyway, got most fixed, still waiting for some new parts and meanwhile try to figure out what is actually happening.

GPS lock seems to be ok, 9-10 satellites is captrued and the drone seems to be hovering good, not drifting.

Here are two films that shows FPV when these things are happening. The last one is the most recent and on that I did not even had a chance to fly.

There should not be any interferance except perhaps the first one since it was over some houses. But the latest one far away from anything.

The latest one:

The very first one, which may show these strange backflips or such in sequence.

So any idea why this happens?

Can gust of wind do this? or could it be something with the GPS?

Should be pretty normal setup!

Thanks in advanced.

don't understand why you post this in a Simulation Forum...

The Wind could be the culprit, because you are near water with cliffs nearby as it seems, so you may have some turbulences. I have the same kind of issues in normandy flying my Kite, when wind can be on one direction in the first 30Feet and at a 90° angle on the next ones. 

If the wind is more than the drone can handle, it could be the culprit.

Also I notice on the video than the motor kind of go full throttle, even when it starts to recover at the end, could it be the propeller starting to get loose, or some transmission piece slipping. ?

2 hours ago, Tchou said:

don't understand why you post this in a Simulation Forum...

The Wind could be the culprit, because you are near water with cliffs nearby as it seems, so you may have some turbulences. I have the same kind of issues in normandy flying my Kite, when wind can be on one direction in the first 30Feet and at a 90° angle on the next ones. 

If the wind is more than the drone can handle, it could be the culprit.

Also I notice on the video than the motor kind of go full throttle, even when it starts to recover at the end, could it be the propeller starting to get loose, or some transmission piece slipping. ?

This forum is for " Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board. "

15 minutes ago, Jim Kallinen said:

This forum is for " Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board. "

Yes but it's inside the "General X-plane Discussions" Forum.... so, that's why I'm a little bit surprised, and I feel you might get better answers to your issues in a Drone themed Forum like this one : http://forum.dji.com/forum-90-1.html

Don't take my comment badly, I was just surprised that's all... ;-)...

About the drone thing, it happened at the same place it seems, do you fly it at other places ? 

Sounds like one or more motors just simply stop spinning, is there a something that limits power load on the motors or the battery ? 

Also I guess the weight of everything is well inside the load that the drone can handle ?

Were you alone flying drone at the time ? 

http://forum.dji.com/thread-53553-1-1.html

Edited by Tchou

Thanks

About the drone thing, it happened at the same place it seems, do you fly it at other places ? 

No, it happens at two seperate locations, and seperate hight and movement.

The latter one the drone was hoovering, no controlls where touch at the time of the incident. The first one I was flying forward

DJ Naza V2 has the latest firmware!

I am not sure why, but I am starting to think I need to replace every motor, then every esc in order to fix this, cannot think of any other way to check this except the elimination method, though very expencive.

• 2 weeks later...