skymaxx caused xplane to crash

Hi there,

I was going in the ixeg 737 between KEWR to Newark airport.

After about an hour and a half I got this crash.

My route was MCOY1 SAV J207 FLO J55 TUBAS J51 FAX PHLB03

The crash happens some time after passing TUBAS

Is there a skymaxx log I can attach or anything else that would help?

I'm running 3.2.1 on 10.45. core i3 4170 nvidia gtx 750TI

Thanks

Log.txt

24 minutes ago, Mr_McBride said:

I'm getting crashes from Skymaxx Pro as well and now x-plane crashes consistently every time I launch x-plane.

Log.txt

METAR.rwx

Just tried loading into Xplane and it crashed. I'm using NOAA so my weather is always realtime and updated.

EDIT: Can I disable SkyMAxx before running Xplane? I would really like to do some flying and won't have the time later.

Log.txt

MAXX_METAR.rwx

METAR.rwx

Edited by Denco

I have the same problem, and I can't use Xplane due to this crash. I was flying in Argentina, we are havinb bad weather at the moment. The error is when Skymaxx parse new metar data. I attach my files. I deleted the .rwx files and could start the sim, but It crashed again before I could change anything.

Excuse my grammar.

Regards!

Facundo

MAXX_METAR.rwx

METAR.rwx

Log.txt

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, fcarrica said:

I have the same problem, and I can't use Xplane due to this crash. I was flying in Argentina, we are havinb bad weather at the moment. The error is when Skymaxx parse new metar data. I attach my files. I deleted the .rwx files and could start the sim, but It crashed again before I could change anything.

Excuse my grammar.

Regards!

Facundo

MAXX_METAR.rwx

METAR.rwx

Log.txt

Hi Facu - Try removing the malformed METAR file, then disconnect from internet to avoid x-plane download it again, open x-plane, switch off real works weather. connecta back to internet. Done. Now you should be able to use X-Plane again. try again in a few hours to enable back real world weather and see in the new metar is not corrupt.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, MTN said:

Hi Facu - Try removing the malformed METAR file, then disconnect from internet to avoid x-plane download it again, open x-plane, switch off real works weather. connecta back to internet. Done. Now you should be able to use X-Plane again. try again in a few hours to enable back real world weather and see in the new metar is not corrupt.

Thanks Martin!!

Hi guys, I'm again having this issue about a malformed METAR file:

-----

SkyMaxx Pro: Raised stratus layer to avoid a layer collision.
SkyMaxx Pro: Found new METAR.rwx file
SkyMaxx Pro: Parsing METAR data
--=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: SkyMaxx Pro}==--

---

With all due respect, since I've been experiencing it for long: I would like to ask you to, please, put some error handling routines on your code so that you encapsulate the exception inside your plugin rather than raising it up to X-Plane process and making it crash.

Maybe it's hard, maybe it's not. Not sure about the complexity of your codebase & design.

Will be waiting for a new update, hoping SkyMaxx pro to handle malformes METAR file. It would be awesome.

AND thanks for this great plugin. :)

Martin

• Upvote 1

Hi,

I also have this problem. Flight between CYUL and KLGA. This is a short flight (45 min). X-plane crashed to desktop in the middle of the flight, then x-plane always crash on start-up. I have uninstalled skymaxx and real weather connection and now x-plane doesn't crash anymore.

I never had problem with this plugin before. But a few peoples have the same problem at the same time. It's weird... Also, how bad weather file could crash the plugin when multiple people from multiple place on earth experiment the problem...

I will wait for feedback before reinstall these plugins.

Thanks

Francis

3 hours ago, Denco said:

Just tried loading into Xplane and it crashed. I'm using NOAA so my weather is always realtime and updated.

EDIT: Can I disable SkyMAxx before running Xplane? I would really like to do some flying and won't have the time later.

Log.txt

MAXX_METAR.rwx

METAR.rwx

The metar from my link is yesterday's. I forgot I had auto download option disabled.

To me, CTD without log and no "MAXX_METAR.rwx" created.

Using and not using NOAA plugin.

Disabled SMP, all ok

Last lines log.txt:

SkyMaxx Pro: METAR parser enabled
SMPMetarBridge: METAR activation fired.
SkyMaxx Pro: Activating METAR parsing.
Skymaxx Pro: Requesting new METAR download.
SkyMaxx Pro: Found new MAXX_METAR.rwx file

[EOF]

Log.txt

METAR.rwx

Edited by hades_esp

Same problem here; but here it crashes, when I just have parked at the gate. Had 2 flights 4h30min each EDDF-OIIE and back. It happened at OIIE and EDDF at the parking position.

You cans solve the problem partially by erasing the setup file in XPLANE10/RESSOURCES/PLUGINS/SILVERLININ/setings.dat

Xplane the will resart as usual. I also click in the RWC window on the top button (use RWC only when available) and disable the never change visible weather (bottom button).

In adddition, when flying with Xsqawkbox, I disable the weatherupdate in the preferences (set to 0min)...

At least this will help, until x-pilot will find the parsing problem in Skymaxx/RWC.

Unfortunately, this issue exist already a bit longer, but only pops up once in a while...

Error message in log file:

5:02:09.393 I/ATC: All arrivals are done at EDRS. Advancing...
5:02:09.393 I/ATC: Changing EDRS CabState from 2 to 0
--=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: SkyMaxx Pro}==--

I have attached the weather.rwx which led to my crash...

METAR.rwx

Enough.

The likely cause is a bad METAR entry from the download source.

Everyone would get the same crash at the same time because the bad entry is causing the parse to fly off the handle.

We have measures in place to hopefully solve this going forward, but please quit with the inundating of threads like this.
  • Downvote 3