Ixeg RTE Page reads "Not in Database"

aLpha011

Hey so I recently bought the IXEG 737 classic and I ran the hotfix so I got it to 1.0.7. I am also running xplane and the IXEG on mac osx.

I went to do my first test flight and I started with cold and dark (knowing how to fly a 737) and I did all of my overhead stuff. Then, making sure that the IRS was aligned, I went to program my FMC. I put my origin ICAO code in the "Pos Init" page, and it took the icao code and gave the long/latitude points ect. I then moved on to the next page, the "RTE" page. When I went to put in my Origin ICAO code the FMC didn't take it and it said at the bottom of the display it showed "Not In Database" and when I cleared that I got "Invalid entry"

I checked my X-Plane 10 console and I saw this error message: RunLuaFunction(timer): fmc_delayed_reset: [string "ixeg.733.fmc.gui.lua.aes"]:1201: attempt to index local 'file' (a nil value)

I am not sure what any of this means and any help would be greatly appreciated for fixing this problem

Thanks for the help! :)

Hi,

which ICAO code for the origin did you try to enter? If it is a smallish airport, it might not be in the navigational database - in that case just leave the origin field empty and take off VFR.

But there should not be an error message in the console, so I would like to look into that.

Thanks, Jan

Hmm, did you do something odd to your X-Plane installation, like moving database files to other folders or moving the airplane´s files around?

This is the first time we have heard that complaint, so it must be something specific to your setup. Also check if a virus program (like avast) is interfering with database access...

Let me know how it goes, Jan

Hi Ryan,

at this point I am at a loss - I think the only way to get us further is you shooting a quick video (maybe with the built-in video capture function) of what you are doing and posting that here... then I can take a look and figure out if its something you are doing.

The only alternative is you giving me a step by step VERY precise sequence of steps you are doing - like pushing every button, every LSK, what you enter in the scratchpad, etc. A video would be better ;-)

Thanks, Jan

Hi Ryan,

something seriously wrong with your installation. You may have an old or conflicting version of gizmo, or not installed gizmo correctly. It is also possible that the file system is not correct, maybe using a special volume name in foreign characters for your main drive, etc.

There should not be a gizmo-softcrash console window popping up first thing after the plane spawns.

I suggest re-installing the plane and gizmo, paying special attention to the process and the recommended folder structure.

Once you see this first console window opening, your 737-session is over. Do not attempt to fly or work the plane, you have to reload the plane or at least reboot gizmo.

I hope this helps, Jan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello Ryan,

From your Log I can see that your Disk ist Case Sensitive formatted. 

X-System folder:'/Volumes/HDD3/X-Plane 10/', case sensitive=1

It might be that I am wrong but I am thinking that I read somewhere that Gizmo does not support that!

Maybe you get in contact with Ben Russell and verify that.

Greetings,

Sebastian