Project: Boeing 777 Series

Peter T.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey @Peter T., I know you guys are disappointed at the fact that you aren't able to bring good avionics into your planes, but please, don't be so negative. It's okay to say that we can't bring you the best of what's out there, but it's not comfortable to anyone to hear you guys talk about your project as being bad. In fact, you are motivating yourself to neglect the project even more if that is going to be your attitude for the rest of the project(s). 

I know this might sound like I'm bad mouthing the project (which I'm not), but I only wish for you to do the best, despite your possible limitations. Keep a good spirit!

Regards.

- Yann

• Upvote 1

On 8 October 2017 at 3:13 PM, UA90 said:

Hey @Peter T., I know you guys are disappointed at the fact that you aren't able to bring good avionics into your planes, but please, don't be so negative. It's okay to say that we can't bring you the best of what's out there, but it's not comfortable to anyone to hear you guys talk about your project as being bad. In fact, you are motivating yourself to neglect the project even more if that is going to be your attitude for the rest of the project(s). 

I know this might sound like I'm bad mouthing the project (which I'm not), but I only wish for you to do the best, despite your possible limitations. Keep a good spirit!

Regards.

- Yann

Hi Yann,

Our attitude has always been to get the aircraft out for everyone to enjoy, and our "disappointment" in being unable to simulate avionics has been embraced with our sister brand, our sarcasm and self-depreciating marketing aims to -attract- not detract interest. The project *is* mediocre in terms of system modelling, and we;ve been brutally honest with that since the project;s announcement. BUT it is by no means compromised in any other areas of the add-on. There is little to show as most of our progress is done within Plane Maker and of course the WIP 3D Cockpit...

Our Flightmodelling is going to be top notch as we have a new developer who is refining our (or rather, basically redoing our flight model), and at its current stance: our flight model complies with what the manual describes.

Our Visual modelling is also going to be top notch, taking advantage of X-Plane 11's PBR capabilities as seen previously in this thread.

Lastly, "PAWDA" gives way to future possible name changes incase we do embark on an effort to bring system modelling to the 777: From "Pretty Aeroplanes With *Disappointing* Avionics" to "Pretty Aeroplanes With *Decent* Avionics"...who knows? ;)

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, AmericanFL said:

3D cockpit, indoor cabin, decent avionics and exterior design. This is coming extremely close to the default 747 for x plane 10 and 11. Keep up the good work. Hopefully by February of next year I'll have my computer to fly it.

Umm... are you saying the plane is bad? Cause by no means is the XP10 default 747 a good aircraft for today's standards.

And also, the people here work on their own time frame, so don't expect a release too soon, 4 months isn't a lot of time.

Edited by UA90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

@UA90 hold on I think I got the message misinterpreted. I was meaning to say that this is an awesome aircraft. Before ,during while I had x plane 10 early version, I would often fly the Boeing 747. It's the first sim I've had thus far, and the first to have all the things I've listed above. It was a decent aircraft in my book at the time being. Then I came across Aerobridge with there dc10. Awesome aircraft. Then I came across the freeware 777 200 and 300 besides aerobridge if you know what I'm talking about. Then I came across their 777 project. To me my impresssion of flying in a sim gradually changed since day one of having a simulator. And yeah recently the default 747 is slowly loosing luster. That's pretty much why I hope this project comes to life, not to mention it's a free, up to class, 777. Tho at the same time I do hope there comes a chance for an updated 747 that isn't the-8. Not that there's anything wrong with the -8. Just something similar to this project. Decent 747 400 aircraft with ge pw and rr engine, you know.

And the reason for the February saying is cause recently my computer has well, "ceased" functioning. I hope by February, where I'll get a new computer, that I'll be able to fly this master piece. I do hope I clarified what I meant on the early commentary. By no means was I trying to say it's an awful aircraft.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all!

I've been wondering if anyone here will make a nice looking 777, FlightFactor's rendition was comprehensive in the systems, but not so much in visual accuracy.

This is my first legitimate aircraft project, It will have a few short comings in terms of detail (but my aim here is to attain the highest level of modelling accuracy), I used Hiroshi Igami's 777 (from POSKY, they're now TDS) as a base, then redid the engines, wings etc and remapped and retextured any model thats used.

UPDATE: I scrapped most of the modelled redid the aircraft, starting with the most popular choice at the moment: 777-300ER, check latest post for latest images!

One thing about 777s that I like is the wing flex, and FF unfortunately didn't simulate that very well. My wing model is sliced into 7 sections to ensure a smooth and almost-seamless flex. The landing gear also is sized correctly (hehe) and isn't a 200ER landing gear (theres no wiring and no cantilever system in the front). Yes it's going to be freeware, it's a learning project for me, a project launched after being dissatisfied of FF's 777, and also learning to animate.

Without further ado, here are lé screenshots for you to feast on.

this is what he wrote and nothing else

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

6 hours ago, zizo said:

Hello all!

I've been wondering if anyone here will make a nice looking 777, FlightFactor's rendition was comprehensive in the systems, but not so much in visual accuracy.

This is my first legitimate aircraft project, It will have a few short comings in terms of detail (but my aim here is to attain the highest level of modelling accuracy), I used Hiroshi Igami's 777 (from POSKY, they're now TDS) as a base, then redid the engines, wings etc and remapped and retextured any model thats used.

UPDATE: I scrapped most of the modelled redid the aircraft, starting with the most popular choice at the moment: 777-300ER, check latest post for latest images!

One thing about 777s that I like is the wing flex, and FF unfortunately didn't simulate that very well. My wing model is sliced into 7 sections to ensure a smooth and almost-seamless flex. The landing gear also is sized correctly (hehe) and isn't a 200ER landing gear (theres no wiring and no cantilever system in the front). Yes it's going to be freeware, it's a learning project for me, a project launched after being dissatisfied of FF's 777, and also learning to animate.

Without further ado, here are lé screenshots for you to feast on.

this is what he wrote and nothing else

You can directly quote from the post like I just did. Generally if there's no release date given, there is no release date.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2018 at 5:45 AM, Assinfire said:

what the news yet on this time?

20 hours ago, kadir said:

when is it coming out it looks lit and where is it coming out

Welcome to the forums! Please read the topic further as it contains all the information regarding the release of this aircraft. Cheers!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

• 1 month later...