Project: Boeing 777 Series

Peter T.

Hello all!

I've been wondering if anyone here will make a nice looking 777, FlightFactor's rendition was comprehensive in the systems, but not so much in visual accuracy.

This is my first legitimate aircraft project, It will have a few short comings in terms of detail (but my aim here is to attain the highest level of modelling accuracy), I used Hiroshi Igami's 777 (from POSKY, they're now TDS) as a base, then redid the engines, wings etc and remapped and retextured any model thats used.

UPDATE: I scrapped most of the modelled redid the aircraft, starting with the most popular choice at the moment: 777-300ER, check latest post for latest images!

One thing about 777s that I like is the wing flex, and FF unfortunately didn't simulate that very well. My wing model is sliced into 7 sections to ensure a smooth and almost-seamless flex. The landing gear also is sized correctly (hehe) and isn't a 200ER landing gear (theres no wiring and no cantilever system in the front). Yes it's going to be freeware, it's a learning project for me, a project launched after being dissatisfied of FF's 777, and also learning to animate.

Without further ado, here are lé screenshots for you to feast on.

772er_10.jpg

772er_11.jpg

772er_12.jpg

772er_13.jpg

Many thanks to:

Jeffrey Chen: for his help advising about animation

Goran Matovina: for advising me about the fan blade animations (stuck on it for days)

Hiroshi Igami: for his model, and continuous assistance and support in this project

____

Possibly released under Aerobridge Studios.

Edited by Peter T.
  • Upvote 11

On 7/22/2016 at 2:24 PM, Peter T. said:

772er_12.jpg

Also, I noticed that the inboard flap seems to go down a bit too much. I don't think it goes 90 degrees (or is it the viewing angle?).

resize.png

Please don't take it too personally, your modeling is amazing, I could never do the things that you and Aerobridge Studios do! Great Work :)

Edited by UA90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey everyone! BIG update:

Wing modelling is wrong (looks like 200ER wings with raked wingtips stuck at the end, fuselage is too low poly in contrast to the rest of the modelling, engine shape is wrong too (GE90-95 engines from the 200ER not the 300ER/200LR GE90s).

I'm redoing most of the modelling, starting with brand new engine, fuselage, and wing modelling.

Landing gear has been refined with better animations and the inclusion of the 300ER specific cantilever system on the front of the main landing gears.

- The textures is another highlight, with the fuselage split into 4 sections - each with 4K textures with almost every nut, bolt and rivet textured.
- Engines has been completely remodelled, with new cowling that accurately reflect the GE90-115B/110B engines.
- The wing is one of the biggest change, from 7 wing cuts to a staggering 11 wing cuts, ensuring an extremely satisfying and smooth wing flex. Slats have been correctly animated, flaps mechanism has been modelled and so on.

Enjoy the screenshots!

772er_10.jpg

772er_13.jpg

772er_15.jpg

772er_16.jpg

772er_17.jpg

772er_18.jpg

• Upvote 10

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys, big update!!

X-Plane 11 is out, and boy! is the new material model gorgeous. After a bit of studying the normal maps from the 737, I did some test with PBR maps myself and I got to say that this is amazingly satisfying. Its a week worth of producing metalness maps for the normals. Some more model edits includes a basic 3D cockpit model for exterior, new liveries and texture edits. Enjoy the screenshots!!

772er_19.jpg

772er_20.jpg

772er_21.jpg

772er_22.jpg

772er_24.jpg

772er_25.jpg

772er_26.jpg

772er_23.jpg

• Upvote 5

Just now, Peter T. said:

Ok guys, big update!!

X-Plane 11 is out, and boy! is the new material model gorgeous. After a bit of studying the normal maps from the 737, I did some test with PBR maps myself and I got to say that this is amazingly satisfying. Its a week worth of producing metalness maps for the normals. Some more model edits includes a basic 3D cockpit model for exterior, new liveries and texture edits. Enjoy the screenshots!!

772er_19.jpg

772er_20.jpg

772er_21.jpg

772er_22.jpg

772er_24.jpg

772er_25.jpg

772er_26.jpg

772er_23.jpg

AMAZING WORK PETER!! I love it!

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Peter T. said:

Ok guys, big update!!

772er_19.jpg

772er_20.jpg

772er_21.jpg

772er_22.jpg

772er_24.jpg

772er_25.jpg

772er_26.jpg

772er_23.jpg

Btw how is the klm nc livery? Or isn't it in progress yet?

• Downvote 1