XJoyMap vs. Me

Colin S

EDIT: I installed 32-bit python instead of 64. XJoyMap now appears in my plugins, along with half a dozen other plugins I have always been frustrated with because of their absence. I have not solved the biggest issue though.

XJoyMap claims to be able to communicate with axes. I don't see where this is possible. Through custom commands, I understand the custom buttons. What I don't understand is how to use the custom axis designation.

Guess who's winning. And by winning I don't mean winning my affection. I am trying to use XJoyMap to maybe add some custom buttons into my new home panel build. That sounds all fun and games until you actually try to use the utility, which to my observational understanding, does nothing. I truly have no idea what it is doing behind the scenes or how to control it. I have read all the documentation. Three times now (going on four once I hit the "post" button). The main reason I looked for it was because I hate that there isn't a built in function for a rotary selector to switch between map modes (default XP only has an option for a button to be mode select up, mode select down). 

Anyways, if anyone has a step by step guide starting from "you have a complete *.xjm file" to "you press the button and the thin happens," I'd love it. I know how to make the selector select each map mode. What I can't do is figure out how to get my joystick itself to use that new custom function. Where is that middle connection between XJoyMap and X-Plane? It doesn't even show up in my plugins window in XP, which makes things even more painful to use.

Maybe I'm screwing things up as Colin usually screws things up, but for once I feel like there is justification in my idiocy. Help please.

Edited by Colin S