X-52 Joystick throttle jumps into reverse thrust

Hello

I know it's all a bit late but I recently purchased the 32 and a couple of minutes ago I tried a first traffic pattern.

Now my problem is that  if I pull the thrust lever of my Saitek X52 all the way back the engines jump into reverse mode. That's not such a good idea when flying.

I configured the lever as usual to the throttle and have another axis for the reverse thrust but anyway ... well does anyone have a suggestion how to prevent that from happening?

(btw after crashing and reloading the plane all of my joystick settings are gone but that's another issue I read about somewhere else and shouldn't concern us here. Usually I don't crash planes very often)

X-plane 10.45 stable, Win 10 x64, joystick and other drivers all current.

I don't have this or any similar problem with any other plane e.g. FJS 722, E110, 767-300

Thanks and regards

Markus

Log.txt

Edited by Alpenwolf

Hi Markus, I think it's doing what it was intended by the Dev to do. In real life the pilot would normally have to lift the Flight Idle Latches (those two black stubs half way down the Power lever) to get into "beta mode" see Acident report on a Jetstream (early model JS31).

Jetstream32_4.jpg

The JS-32 simulation has been designed so that when you pull the "POWER" lever back below a 0.02 ratio of a total of 1.0 (full Forward), the prop will enter "Beta Mode". See Javier Rollon replies on a similar topic of "Dump Flaps".

So if you don't want it to happen (as Javier has designed it to operate), I suggest you slightly offset the thrust leaver on your Saitek X52 so when it's fully back it's giving a value of 0.02 or above, then the prop will not enter "beta" by you moving the thrust leaver on your Saitek X52.

You could then try use a key or button to engage "beta" mode?

For example: X-Plane's Settings--> Joystick & Equipment --> Keys (or buttons etc) and use a key eg. "/" to assign engines/beta_toggle and "?" to go into reverse (see X-Plane Dev Blog).
Note I don't have a Saitek X52, so can't say how to setup that particular hardware, but I'm sure some user that does will point you in the right direction.

cessna729.

Edited by cessna729

• 1 month later...

Hi Folks,

I was going to post this very question this morning Alpenwolf.

It never used to do this. It was only after 10.45 update (I think) that this started to happen. I used to be able to pull the throttles right back and then use a button to activate beta.

Cassna729 says:-

' I suggest you slightly offset the thrust leaver on your Saitek X52 so when it's fully back it's giving a value of 0.02 or above, then the prop will not enter "beta" by you moving the thrust leaver on your Saitek X52'.

Is this something that's done in plane maker?

Many thanks.

EDIT:- managed to sort things out how I want them with the dev blog link above.

Edited by Graham01