Soft crash when entering visual approach runway

K4bel123

I tried this now two times and both times I got a soft crash exactly at the same time: I was trying to fly some long haul from EGTE (Exeter) to CYQX (Gander). I entered the route (EGTEDCT DIDEL UL149 MERLY UL22 MOPAT DCT MALOT/M074F360 NATF ALLRY/N0422F360 DCT YQX DCT  CYQX) and everything worked fine (I don´t know yet how to enter a north atlantic track though) but when I selected a visual approach into runway 03 in Gander, the FMC crashed both times. I´m using the latest Navigraph cycle 1607. Here is the Gizmo log file (don´t know where to find the debug log file)GizmoLog.txt

EDIT: A visual approach procedure into any other runway works at CYQX.

Edited by K4bel123

Yes, known problem. Don´t select a runway without an instrument approach for now to avoid that.

Cheers, Jan

PS: The FMS can´t take stuff like M074F360 - this is not entered into the route, normally, it is just information for ATC when filing the flightplan. Also NATF is not determined - the NAT tracks will be determined and issued by Shanwick Oceanic twice a day - so NATF will be different from day to day. You have to enter the waypoints of NAT F point by point.

Jan

• Upvote 1

Hi Jan,

I didn´t enter M074F360 into the FMC nor did I use the coroute function (because I can´t find a format on Simbrief that works with the IXEG 733; maybe somebody can help me out with that?). This "M074F360" is written here in the route because I am lazy and for this post I simply copied the route line from Simbrief :P. I did try to enter the NAT F points manually but I didn´t find the correct terminus for waypoints like "N51W050". How do you enter that into the FMC?

Ah, ok ;).

The waypoints where full latitudes cross full longitudes are available in the nav-database... The format is like N5150 or 51N50 and so on. The placement of the N determines wether its 50 West or East. I am not totally sure of the correct syntax, but if you boot up and place yourself at BGBW you should be able to take a look at the local map and see those points. Then you can figure it out.

Jan

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 9. 7. 2016 at 7:41 PM, K4bel123 said:

Hi Jan,

I didn´t enter M074F360 into the FMC nor did I use the coroute function (because I can´t find a format on Simbrief that works with the IXEG 733; maybe somebody can help me out with that?). This "M074F360" is written here in the route because I am lazy and for this post I simply copied the route line from Simbrief :P. I did try to enter the NAT F points manually but I didn´t find the correct terminus for waypoints like "N51W050". How do you enter that into the FMC?

If use OS windows. From SimBrief generate the flight plan for the JAR A320 (for example name is EGTECYQX.txt) and then rename it to EGTECYQX.fpl.