MCP master mode not working ?

lanmancz

Hello,

edit: Ah crap. I just tried to switch the AP button to right side and that did the trick! Sorry, nothing to see here :rolleyes: I don't know why I thought it's done via the FD switches :lol: Yeah switching with the AP buttons makes total sense.

and the original drivel here :

so I was trying a manual non-precision approach today at LICC. I was arriving via LIBRO1L STAR into VOR Z 26. The FMC made a huge mess out of it with waypoints going back and forward and looping so I decided to forget the FMC and do it manually, how hard can it be, right ? :D Anyway so I setup my fixes, radials and navaids as I needed them for the arrival and all went well until I wanted to switch from captains VOR to first officers side. So I turned off the FD on the captains side but the master mode kept being lit. No matter what I did I was unable to switch the master mode. After few instances of "have you tried to turn it off and on again" it even spit out a gizmo crash (which I unfortunately don't have but it seems the autopilot was quite confused). Anyway so I just made a quick spin around me hometown here to try to replicate it (no gizmo crash this time) but I am still unable to switch the master mode :

B733_381.jpg

I tried to do a simple figure 8 around my airport. Takeoff on RWY 27, fly out a bit, intercept radial 139 from VOR beacon at the airport, fly back and over the airport and then loop back the other way and intercept the RWY 27 localizer at 274 deg. Anyway this involved switching from left to right side which does not seem to work. Or am I doing something wrong ?

Edited by lanmancz