Strange characters in FMC

scubajuan_new

I tried in 10.45 and I have the exact same behavior. I made a video using the built in video capture feature in 10.50b5 but the video capture seems to have a bug: (not IXEG related and will post a bug report for Ben later) the video captured is inverted, so I had to edit to invert and rotate the image, increasing the rendering time and is uploading to Youtube. I have a slow internet connection and the upload might take some time. Will post the link to the unlisted video when the upload is complete.

To be more specific in what i do to reproduce the problem:

After entering the POS INIT for IRS alignment, switch to the PERF page and open the ground services window to get the GW. If i am in the PERF page when I open the window, this appears correctly, but the numbers I type don't show right, entering any value in any field makes the characters associated to the entry all scrambled, closing the window makes them appear fine. 
If I am in the menu page and open the GS window, and then switch to the PERF page, when the page loads everything is scrambled. Again, closing the GS window make the page show correctly.
With the GS window open, any changes of pages makes them appear all messed up. As mentioned, this happens both 10.45 and 10.50b5.

Attached are the X-Plane log.txt and gizmoLog.txt

Will edit this post to enter the link to the Youtube video wen upload is complete. 

Thanks to all the team for the fenomenal job in making AND supporting this awesome plane making it better.

Juan

Archive.zip

Thanks for the detailed report, Juan - I am fairly certain that this is a problem isolated to your hardware configuration, otherwise we would have heard about this before and more than once.

Can you give us a detailed report on the hardware you are using and the driver versions so we can track this problem down?

Thank you, Jan

I am on an 27" iMac Retina with AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB. OS X 10.11.5 not much I can do about drivers and stuff. No big deal for me . just have to close the GS window. First I thought it was an issue with the latest beta and wanted to give you a heads up, but if some of you wiz figures something to fix it i'll build you a shrine ;) 

here is the video link:

EDIT the strange behavior begins after 1:20 

Edited by scubajuan_new

I'll try in window mode, but the glitch in the video is due to the fact that the capture was in two pieces and had to invert vertical and horizontally. I did it manually and obviously not identical, also the final video resolution (Standard HD1080p) is not same resolution as my X-Plane screen so there might be a distortion in the process. This is a frame of the raw video capture, which i will report to Laminar as a 10.50b5 bug. Also the white letters at the bottom of the screen did not disappeared in the captured video.

Untitled.jpg

Hi guys,

I'm also experiencing the same glitchy characters while the ground services / preflight / etc windows are open. It seemed to be introduced from version 1.06 onwards.

Weirdly, if I go to rendering settings and change my screen resolution from 'Default Monitor Settings' to anything lower e.g '1280 x 720' and then straight back to 'Default Monitor Settings' the problem disappears for the session. If you reload the aircraft or X-Plane the problem returns.

OSX 10.11.3 IMAC 27 inch, 

AMD Radeon HD 6970M 1024 MB

3.1 GHz Intel Core i5

X-Plane version 10.45

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hmm, so we have two people reporting this, both running Radeon Chips on iMacs, running 10.11 OSX...

Nils did try to put in a protection into the OpenGL code that MIGHT help with this - probably showing in 1.0.8 or more likely 1.1.

Let me know if there is anything else you can figure out - I will be working on plans for the shrine just in case this works out ^_^.

Jan

• Upvote 1

Was thinking on something modest, but if you have a suggestion, we could incorporate in the design. Perhaps I should consider an hexagonal shape to accommodate Saint Cameron and Saint Ben, so everyone get their own altar ;)

For the location, it will be on the oposite side of the garden where the temple of Saint Andras of the hills is under construction :)

Aerial-Site-View.jpg

Edited by scubajuan_new
  • Upvote 1

If it ain't Boeing I ain't going, besides there is a metro and train station, but they are underground. Airport? will see about that when the doors open, the passenger cabin is complete with flushing toilets and all [emoji6] 

And moving coffee cups.