X-Plane10, Saitek X55 Throttle and IXEG737 problem

MikeAR

Hello and HELP!

I have the Saitek X55 Throttles and Yoke, as well as the Saitek Multi-Panel, Saitek Switch Panel and the Saitek Radio panel, connected.

I have both P3D with the PMDG737NGX and X-Plane10 with the IXEG 737 Classic installed and both simulators work extremely well.

However, the Saitek X55 system works fine with the P3D setup, but not with the X-Plane10 setup, as described below:-

I am having a problem getting the IXEG737's simulated Throttles to respond with the movement on the Saitek X55 Throttles. The strange thing is that the Throttles move OK when the aircraft is Cold and Dark, but as soon as I power the aircraft up for Taxi, the simulated throttles don't move when I move the Saitek Throttles. I can move the Simulator Throttle by the mouse controls, but this defeats the purpose of having the Saitek Throttles. I have looked at the settings and the Saitek throttles respond correctly under 'settings', but when I get the simulator to show the 'Data Input & Output', there is no Data being sent to the simulator from either 'thro1' or 'thro2'.

I have installed the latest Saitek Software and Drivers, thinking that this may have been the problem but it has not helped.

Added:

I found that if I unplugged (removed the usb connection) for the Multi-Panel, and only have the Switch and Radio Panels connected,  the Throttles on the X55 work fine. Obviously, this means I use the on-screen view Auto pilot controls etc. 

This is not a correct fix, but is (so far) my only solution to get the Throttles to work.

Any assistance would be appreciated, as it is extremely frustrating not being able to fly the brilliant IXEG B737 Classic correctly.

I have attached the Log and Gizmo Log text files, in case they can shed some light on the problem?

Mike

Log.txt

GizmoLog.txt

• 3 months later...

I'm surprised you haven't gotten a real response for this issue. I have a Saitek yoke and throttle that exhibits the same flaky behavior.  I came to the forum hoping it was a well known issue and that there would be a simple fix. I guess not.

To be clear, in case anyone from IXEG or XAviation is reading: All of my other planes including my JARDdesign A320 work just fine with my throttle setup. I also noticed that when the 737 classic's throttles stop working with my throttles, the X-Plane settings panel show that X-Plane is still reading the input. When I move the throttles, the sliders reflect the full range of input with a green bar for each throttle, moving between zero and 100 percent. This looks like an issue with the 737 not X-Plane or my hardware.

Please help.

Edited by N206LG
A230 should read A320

Hi - Yes no real response.

I played around with the settings, but could not 'fix' the issue. However, I found that by re-connecting the Saitek multi-panel to the USB, and if I set the auto-throttle on the Saitek multi-panel to 'OFF', it allows me to move the Site X55 Throttles in sequence with the simulated throttles on the quadrant. Not the correct fix nut it helped. Hope you have better luck with your post!

MikeAR

On 30/06/2016 at 1:09 AM, MikeAR said:

Hello and HELP!

I have the Saitek X55 Throttles and Yoke, as well as the Saitek Multi-Panel, Saitek Switch Panel and the Saitek Radio panel, connected.

I have both P3D with the PMDG737NGX and X-Plane10 with the IXEG 737 Classic installed and both simulators work extremely well.

However, the Saitek X55 system works fine with the P3D setup, but not with the X-Plane10 setup, as described below:-

I am having a problem getting the IXEG737's simulated Throttles to respond with the movement on the Saitek X55 Throttles. The strange thing is that the Throttles move OK when the aircraft is Cold and Dark, but as soon as I power the aircraft up for Taxi, the simulated throttles don't move when I move the Saitek Throttles. I can move the Simulator Throttle by the mouse controls, but this defeats the purpose of having the Saitek Throttles. I have looked at the settings and the Saitek throttles respond correctly under 'settings', but when I get the simulator to show the 'Data Input & Output', there is no Data being sent to the simulator from either 'thro1' or 'thro2'.

I have installed the latest Saitek Software and Drivers, thinking that this may have been the problem but it has not helped.

Added:

I found that if I unplugged (removed the usb connection) for the Multi-Panel, and only have the Switch and Radio Panels connected,  the Throttles on the X55 work fine. Obviously, this means I use the on-screen view Auto pilot controls etc. 

This is not a correct fix, but is (so far) my only solution to get the Throttles to work.

Any assistance would be appreciated, as it is extremely frustrating not being able to fly the brilliant IXEG B737 Classic correctly.

I have attached the Log and Gizmo Log text files, in case they can shed some light on the problem?

Mike

Log.txt

GizmoLog.txt

Log contains several plugins known to cause issues with Gizmo.

All JAR products and plugins.

All third party plugins saitek plugins for x-plane have had various issues of some type.

If this was a core issue with input processing then every single user regardless of joystick make or type would be having issues with binding to the throttle inputs.

Instead we have two people, both of them happen to be using saitek devices. At least one running plugins known to cause issues....

Please try without the JAR and saitek plugins... (they must be moved into a different folder before starting the sim, disabling them once x-plane has started is not sufficient.)