SkyMaxx Pro v3.2.1 Has Been Released!

Cameron

Hello, all,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 3.2.1 update for SkyMaxx Pro. All customers who have purchased SkyMaxx Pro v3 up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase SkyMaxx Pro v3 from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 3.2.1 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/account_history.php

2. Find your original SkyMaxx Pro 3 download and re-download it. It will download as the latest version!

There are some important fixes and requests implemented in this update.

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

What's New / Changed:

• Prevents crashes from RWC when unexpected tornadic activity remarks are encountered in METAR data
  • Cleans up cloud shadows outside the edge of the cloud draw area
  • More aggressively avoids stratus / cumulus cloud layer intersections with RWC
  • Make sure cirrus, stratus, and cirrocumulus clouds in RWC don't change altitude as the local ground level changes.
  • Fixes UI bug in RWC configuration dialog
  • Subtle improvements to cloud lighting

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

• Upvote 5

I know this is out of the scope of the v3 but I'm wondering if the cloud shading will get improved in v4. Example is the image bellow. The part of the cloud that is facing the sun is brighter while the bottom part is darker. Can something like this be done in the Xplane's engine?

clouds.jpg

Edited by Denco

2 hours ago, Denco said:

I know this is out of the scope of the v3 but I'm wondering if the cloud shading will get improved in v4. Example is the image bellow. The part of the cloud that is facing the sun is brighter while the bottom part is darker. Can something like this be done in the Xplane's engine?

From what I remember, @sundog actually has the ability and code to do this, but our hardware is simply incapable of handling such stuff just yet.

Thank you for ongoing updates

I'd like the option using SMP together with default clouds through a lua script which change dataref:

"set( "sim/operation/override/override_clouds", 0)"

This was possible until now. With this actual new update the dataref is always set to "1" when SMP is active and is not longer accessable. I like using default clouds to cover the empty edges behind the SMP cloud cover aerea. It is an acceptable temporary solution and a compromise until your development find a way to cover a wider area with less frame rate drops (I know, thats easy saying) and also with more different cloud textures.

Do you think it would be possible for you to allow us users to let manipulate this dataref again? 

Kind Regards

• Upvote 1

SkyMaxx sets this to 1 for obvious reasons. What other scripts do is not something we plan to support, and we don't have immediate plans to intermix default clouds. Sorry!

It primarily comes down to technicalities and the goal of the product line (RWC, clouds lighting up with landing lights, and smart performance techniques). None of these things intermix with default clouds appropriately.
  • Upvote 1

Yes, I see

It is in users responsability if he decides to change something what Xplane offers (changing datarefs) and intermix with third parties solutions. And yes, he payed a license for using and not for changing..

It's clear that you want avoiding change  functionality in your product by the user. But this is only a change in XPlanes interface and not in SMP or in its functionality itself. Of course, if something not works correct it is not your problem. But in this case it can easely recovered by the user.

It's sad, I see your point of view. However, it would be nice if you would allow some room of users choice.

Thank's anyway

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Cameron said:

SkyMaxx sets this to 1 for obvious reasons. What other scripts do is not something we plan to support, and we don't have immediate plans to intermix default clouds. Sorry!

Cameron, I understand that mixing in default clouds isn't supported, and never will be, by SkyMaxx. The majority of users won't even think of the possibility, let alone actually try it. However, since it doesn't actually change anything about SMP itself, but simply is a modification of datarefs (no different than, say, using RTH) I kindly request to leave it to us wether we want to enable the default clouds or not. SMP is a tremendous enhancement to X-Plane, but it isn't perfect and adding default clouds gives us (especially those with less potent hardware) a chance to balance things out a bit.

Again, no support is required or expected, but please don't block other plugins just for the sake of it.

Thank you for considering!
Steve

• Upvote 2

Steve,

We are not actively seeking to block plugins. We will also not investigate them when they don't work. That's beyond the scope of our work, and obviously we don't want our product to be misportrayed around the Web with a mix of what we believe are inferior clouds.

I'm sorry if this upsets you in any way. We don't have any plans to change course, as our road map ahead doesn't bring a valid reason why we should investigate further letting users play with this when running SkyMaxx.

Sorry!

Hello all

There is no reason prevent coexisting with default functions X-Plane provides. I think we all are mature users and we are able to estimate how we are using your SW we are running on our own computers. That does not prevent you for further development and does not hurt any copyright.

I think you see this too narrow.

Kind Regards

Jack

• Upvote 1

Jack, unfortunately I disagree and think it's your mindset which is narrow. In reality we know very well the road map ahead, including features unannounced.

This debate ends here. Further attempts to go at this will result in deleted posts and dismissal from this thread.

The software is working as designed and intended.

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic